Students
Options

Possibly Moving- HELP!

So I am currently a Nursing student in Boston, MA.  My fiance and I just got engaged on our 4 year anniversary.  (I'm so excited!)   But here's the problem....I do not want to have the wedding while I'm still in school or studying for the NCLEX (for those of you who don't know, that's the licensure examination for nurses before they can legally practice) which I will be taking probably in May or June of 2011.  We are planning our wedding for late Summer of 2011 (July or August).  However, our venue is very popular and we may have to push the date back to the Fall.  This normally wouldn't be a problem but because of the economy, I may have to relocate to somewhere decently far away (down South or farther West).  My fiance and I have no problem relocating, however, what happens if we have to make the wedding in September or Octover and I have a job offer that begins during that time?  I cannot simply wait it out, I will obviously have to have a job by then to start making the money to pay off my loans and buy a house.  I don't want to be planning the last month before my wedding from a number of states away.  Any suggestions/tips/ thoughts/insight would REALLY be appreciated!!!   Thanks!

Re: Possibly Moving- HELP!

• Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    Why do you think you may have to relocate?  Is this due to you not being able to find a job or him?  Nursing positions are available all over the place...so you shouldn't have problems finding employment in your area. 

And regardless...when you interview for a position wherever you go, most employers regard honesty very highly. There's nothing wrong with being upfront:  "I'm getting married such-and-such date, and we are planning a honeymoon for such-and-such date, but I'm more than willing to work my schedule around that."

You're not legally required to do so, so it's your call...but as someone who hires people on a regular basis...it's really irritating when I hire someone only to find out afterwards that they need all this time off right away.  Makes me not like them. Just an FYI.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards