South Asian Weddings

churidaar Pant construction

Hello all,

i got my fiance's churidaar pants with his sherwani suit for the wedding but they seem to be made sort of strange. There is a GIANT seam that runs across the right thigh and down to his knee area. It is highly  visible even with the sherwani suit on. I talked to the people we ordered it from and they said that is how they are made.

He nor his family had any that I could compare them with, so I'm turning to all of you! I looked on line at patterns for this type of pants and none of them showed the seam being where it is. I understand about cutting on a bias, but it looks like they simply patched the pants together instead of having a large piece of material. I've never seen a churidaar  pant up close, so i am flying blind here. Please let me know if this is normal or if I need to get my money back.

Thnks!

Re: churidaar Pant construction

• kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like you need your money back...

most reputable indian companies, accomodate their customer's wishes, and would make sure that the seams/stitches on clothing are conspicious and covered up and not visible.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards