Retro and Vintage Weddings

Needs some opions/Advice

I usually only post on the Oct 2010 board but Nukke suggested I come here for some advice.  I have been obsessed lately with the vintage inspired weddings.  I so want to revamp my wedding decor and what not. I have been googling and googling and the more I do the more I want it.  So aside from my hair/makeup/attire how else can I incorporate this w/o completely redoing everything in my wedding? I am wanting to just add this in along with what I already have done/planned. I have found Bridal & BM Bouquets that I absoluetly love. Please check out my Inspiration and DIY pages in my BIO and tell me if I am off my rocker or if I am on the right track.  TIA

Re: Needs some opions/Advice

• oooo i love the hairstyle you've picked out - its gorgeous and so vintagey!

your color scheme would already go well with a vintage-wedding feel so you dont have to change that. maybe for your centerpieces you could put them in galvanized pails or big mason jars. i dont think its going to be difficult at all to turn your ideas into a rustic/vintage styled wedding.

youre not crazy. your wedding will be beautiful!!!

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • I was thinking of the Mason Jar thing....I really like the blue ones.....Thank you
  • I looked at your bio and it looks great! Like PP I also really love the hairstyle you picked out!

What sort of vintage things were you thinking of incorporating in addition to what's in your bio? I don't think you need to scrap any ideas you already have planned, you could just add some vintage touches on top of those.
    Sunshine_zps3fcf529f BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thats my issue I am not totally sure yet except what I have found so far. I don't want to over do it with either my fall stuff or and vintage things I incorporate. 
  • NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Have you also looked through the bios posted as a sticky at the top of the boards?

You seem to be incorporating a lot of rustic elements into your wedding.  I think what you've got so far is great, and I agree with PP--you don't need to scrap anything to make it more vintage, just add a few vintage touches to this and that.  It's all in the details.  old photographs, postcards, tableclothes, vintage accessories... there are so many options.  Tell us what you still haven't completed yet and we can pump out some ideas for you! 

These old family photos are held up with bent vintage forks bought at an antique store.

Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards