Connecticut

Save the Dates

My save the dates are in!!! What is the etiquette on addressing save the dates?  I know some people print script on them or use labels, is it okay to just handwrite them? I want to send them our ASAP but need input from you ladies =)

Re: Save the Dates

• Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure that this was "right" but I ended up feeding each envelope through my printer and addressing them that way.  I wasn't overly concerned with formality.  I did the same thing for our E-party invites.

On the other hand, I have a friend whose guests would notice EVERYTHING so I'm sure she'd be a lot more concerned with etiquette. 
  • edited December 2011
    I would like to handwrite them, is this okay to do?
  • ChrisVickyChrisVicky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it depends. The save the dates are usually the first introduction to your wedding for the guests. Sometimes they set the tone of your wedding. If your wedding is very formal, I think writing them by hand wouldn't give off a very formal vibe. For instance, if you spent a good amount of money on sophisticated & elegant save the dates, it could cheapen the overall look by handwriting the addresses. Now if you have an overall laid back-fun-kind of vibe to your wedding, it might go along with your theme. I'm not saying it's completely wrong but you just have to think about it as it applies to your wedding.
    Anniversary
  • kate212kate212 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

I was planning on hand addressing our save the dates. My thinking is, when I get things like that in the mail, I open them up and don't give a second thought to the envelope- it goes right in the trash :)

• KathyC65KathyC65 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it matters what method you use.  I used labels on mine though I did have to handwrite a few (received some addresses after I printed the labels).
    Like the PP said, I don't pay attention to method used on the envelope and it ends up in the trash anyway.
  • ktanddevangktanddevang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just finished handwriting all of mine last night so I really hope it is okay just to handwrite them!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I hand wrote mine.  (however that I do have really beautiful cursive writing and so people thought I had them done anyway lol) I don't think it matters for a save the date either way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I have seen alot of labels used on the ones that I got!

~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I dont see anything wrong with handwriting them as long as you have decent handwriting!
    imageAnniversary Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    I completely had no idea about etiquette surrounding addressing envelopes for my STDs and figured my mom would have yelled at me if she didn't think I was doing it right. I went to staples and bought white labels and printed out everyone's address in a nice font. I agree with some others- I get these, open them, and throw the envelope out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I handwrote mine, but for the wedding invitations my mom used a calligraphy pen and wrote in script. Our STD's were much more casual. 
  • edited December 2011

Thank you ladies for the advice! I hand wrote them and they look great =) Now onto the next item on the list invitations. Ugh! So dreading this

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards