July 2012 Weddings

Hair pricing?

I started looking around for a salon to do hair for at least me, the FG, and one BM, but possibly MOB, MOH, and 3 BMs. I've talked to 2 so far. One is $35-65 depending on the length of the hair(without shampooing) and the other starts at $25-35 and is an extra $10 if it goes over an hour. From what I've seen that seems pretty low for bridal hair. They know I was the bride so I'm not sure what to think. Maybe they misunderstood me or something? Any ideas? What are you all paying for styling?
Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development

Re: Hair pricing?

• Mine starts at $85, I don't have a WP so I don't know for anyone else.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Honestly, that is pretty standard pricing.  Mine is $40 no matter what, but she's my mom's stylist and giving us a deal. However, if we were to go anywhere else, the $40-$65 range is correct.

But, I hear that you aren't supposed to wash your hair the day of (I know sounds weird) but it is supposed to help the curls stay in longer...but don't quote me on that!! It'll just be easier & faster if you come ready.  I've never had my head washed (at the salon) for getting hair done for prom or homecoming before.
  • Yeah, don't have them shampoo your hair. Wash it the night before at the latest.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That is pretty low which is good and your getting a deal.  Mine is $55 + depending on length of hair and how extensive we want the hair to be.  I'm giving my girls free range on this so they will probably do something not extravagant.  Do not shampoo your hair the day of at the latest do it the night before, the natural oils that build up are needed to keep the curls in place, or at least that's what a hairdresser told me.  I figure I'll shampoo and stuff before the RD and that'll be it.

Anniversary
  • penny12986penny12986 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    For the bride, my hair is $180 and everyone else is $80.  I am having the person come to the venue to do my hair and she required a 4 person minimum.  Since I also don't have a WP, it will be me, MOB, MOG and a friend who is doing the reading.
  • I am paying $90 and my girls are paying $80.  However I am paying for half of their hair so they will only have to pay $40.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Mine will be $75 and my girls will be $55. So that is pretty cheap. They also advised us to not wash our hair the day of.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm having someone come to my house the day of.  It's $165.00 for me and $65-$75 for BMs and Mothers/Grandmothers, depending on the length of the hair.  I wanted to find the best quality for the cheapest price for my bridal party... unfortunately, it's super expensive for me.  :) 

I'll have 5 out of 6 BMs at my house getting hair done, as well as my mom, grandma, and FMIL.  I'm really looking forward to spending the morning with my favorite ladies.

My stylist also told me up-front to not wash my hair the day of the wedding.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Mine starts at $85 and my girls are $65. Most of us are all getting our makeup done there too so I probably will be giving them a g/c so the cost wont be as high for them.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I've been looking at prices today, and most salons were between 30$ and 70$. I've found this one hairdresser that I'm hoping to hear from soon. If she's available, she'd come to our venue for 40$ per hour plus gas cost. If not, I'll probably go to a salon very near our venue which told me it's between 30 and 45$, depending on the complexity.

We don't have a traditional wedding party, but I'll ask my best friend, sister and future sisters in law if they want to have their hair done by the same hairdresser, which they'd have to pay for themselves.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • For hair: Bride is $200, and that includes the hair trial. BMs/MOB/MOG/GMOB are $85 for updo/styling, $45 for blowout. There will be about 3 blowouts and the rest are styled. (There are 12 of us, including MOB, MOG, GMOB).

Makeup is a different company but Bride is $195 and BMs/MOB/MOG/GMOB are $75.

Both companies are coming to my hotel suite in the morning, so it costs a bit more. I'm covering the cost for everyone because I want us all to hang out and get excited. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_hair-pricing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:2741620f-deb5-42ec-9844-5b5b15781b2aPost:69907ecf-7754-4f0a-84b5-8b2f826b014b">Hair pricing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I started looking around for a salon to do hair for at least me, the FG, and one BM, but possibly MOB, MOH, and 3 BMs. I've talked to 2 so far. One is $35-65 depending on the length of the hair(without shampooing) and the other starts at $25-35 and is an extra $10 if it goes over an hour. From what I've seen that seems pretty low for bridal hair. They know I was the bride so I'm not sure what to think. Maybe they misunderstood me or something? Any ideas? What are you all paying for styling?
    Posted by mandctaft[/QUOTE]

That's much cheaper than what I've been quoted.

I pretty much have to have someone come on-site since our ceremony is at 10:30am. Not many (if any?) salons open before 9:00 and I think that would be cutting it wicked close. For my hair and make-up, the cheapest I've found was 200 dollars total - then an extra 90 to add my mom.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That is a good price mine will be $70-$90
  • Wow! I guess I am getting a pretty good deal. Thanks for all your help ladies. I just thought it seemed awfully low comparitively and I wanted to make sure I heard them right. I may be calling soon, just to check and make sure so I don't anticipate $40 and get slammed with $150.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards