Missouri

Outdoor reception location for July 4th weekend - Springfield, MO

Hi guys!

I'm getting married on July 2nd, and am trying to find an outdoor reception spot with a good view of a fireworks display in the Springfield/Branson area.  We need a place where we can bring in our own food/alcohol as well (so city parks are out).  Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!  :)

Re: Outdoor reception location for July 4th weekend - Springfield, MO

• edited December 2011
    Hi guys!

I'm getting married on July 2nd, and am trying to find an outdoor reception spot with a good view of a fireworks display in the Springfield/Branson area.  We need a place where we can bring in our own food/alcohol as well (so city parks are out).  Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!  :)
  • eomohundroeomohundro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The fireworks display in Springfield - the big display, anyway - is set off at Hwy 65 and Division... not a lot of venues around that area of town IMO. You might look into the Tower Club in Hammons Tower, though. It's inside, but since the building is so tall, you ought to be able to see the fireworks. If you use their facility for the reception, you could always do the ceremony outside somewhere.
    Branson is probably a better option. They set the fireworks off in Kimberling CIty and the boats all line up by the bridge so everyone can see it. There are a few venues tha are on the lake -  Chateau on the Lake, Integrity Hills... there might be a few others. I would call the Branson Chamber of Commerce to see if they know the specific location where the fireworks are set off. Then, you can base your search on that information. You also  might check into the restaurants and hotels on the Branson Landing. They have an outdoor amphitheater that's on the water, but I am not sure about the fireworks situation. Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I believe Missouri has passed a law where you can not bring in your own alcohol anymore. THere is a country club here in Springfield that does their own fireworks display, maybe its Hickory Hills country club.
    Married since 5/21/2011
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • eomohundroeomohundro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that the law isn't that you cannot bring in your own alcohol, it's that anyone that provides alcohol has to have a general liability policy in order to serve it to other people. I haven't done the research on it, but I'm fairly certain that's the deal. For instance, if you have your reception at a place that does not serve food or drink, and you hire vendors to cater the food and provide the alcohol, the vendors have their own liability insurance. You can get a liability policy just for the wedding day, I believe, but it could be pricey, and a better idea would be to hire an alcohol vendor that already has a policy in place. Not legal advice - just what I know from FMIL who is in the restaurant business.
  • edited December 2011
    Whatever, I just know that at our venue you used to be able to bring your own kegs and wine ect. However there has been some change in law that has made it impossible for you to supply you own alcohol. I am not a professional so I dont know the exact wording of it. I just thought I would try and pass along some information. My appologies.
    Married since 5/21/2011
  • edited December 2011
    There won't be any fireworks display on July 2 in Springfield. The fireworks on the 4th are run by a church and they always do it on the actual 4th. I am thinking that Branson does fireworks at The Landing, but I do not know if they will do them on the 2nd.
  • edited December 2011
    They actually do not always do it on the 4th, I believe in 2009 they did them on Firday even though the 4th was saturday, something about making it difficult for people to get to church the next day. Made no since to me. Especially since this year they did them on the 4th which was a sunday. I imagine they will do them on the 4th again this year even though it will be a monday. There are several country clubs that do fireworks though you could still check their dates.
    Married since 5/21/2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards