Illinois-Chicago
Options

Photo Locations in Arlington Heights

Hello!

I am getting married October 29th, that means it could be 60 and sunny or 35 and raining... I'm getting married at a church close to downtown Arlington Heights. If it's raining I don't want ALL my photos at the church, hoping for some variety.

Does anyone have some good recommendations for outdoor and indoor pre-ceremony photo locations? I'm considering North Park but maybe there is a good place I'm not aware of. My photographer services both chicagoland and Ohio, but he's from Ohio so not sure if he's photographed in my area before.

Thank you!!
Melissa

Re: Photo Locations in Arlington Heights

• Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my pics done around downtown AH...we went to North School Park and around downtown AH. The best thing we found was an alley next to what used Salsa 17 (off Campbll near Metropolis).
    We also went to Twin Lakes after that and got some good ones around the lake and with greenery.
    Here are some of my favs from the alley:

this one is in front of the gold doors of metropolis:

And this are from North School Park:

• Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh what church are you getting married at BTW? We were at St James  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's not a ton of photo ops in Arlington Heights, but not far away is Volkening Lake in Schaumburg, they have a lot of really pretty scenery for photos.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_photo-locations-arlington-heights?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:8ed25da5-69dd-4270-9df8-264e250feb4bPost:4881b87c-a63e-4e8e-9404-3373d1ec2613">Re: Photo Locations in Arlington Heights</a>:
    [QUOTE]There's not a ton of photo ops in Arlington Heights, but not far away is <strong>Volkening Lake in Schaumburg</strong>, they have a lot of really pretty scenery for photos.
    Posted by Scarlet Starlet 31[/QUOTE]
    My photog told me you need a permit to take pics at Volkening Lake. Twin Lakes in Palatine is where we went after downtown AH and we were fine there, no permit needed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got a permit by faxing my application in.  I didn't have to pay anything at the time, but I believe there is a fee now of $15.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!!! We're getting married at Faith Lutheran church, it's just a mile or so south of Northwest Highway on Arlington Heights road. Volkening Lake sounds great, i live really close by! But my church is a little farther, I think we might head to twin lakes after our ceremony to take some pics, then head to the reception for more pictures. Hoping it's a nice day...otherwise I guess it's just church pictures : /
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Faith Lutheran Church as well. We went to North School Park and then to Kimball Hill Park in Rolling Meadows. There is a gazebo, bridge and a pretty pond. Our pictures turned out great. I think the little park tends to go unnoticed because it's behind a strip mall but it turned out to be perfect! Best of luck!
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards