Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Registry

OK... I get it, the majority of the posts on here say that Registry's are a bad idea, tacky, blah blah blah.  So... My FI and I are both in our 40's and have our home and it is not a first marriage for either of us.  My sister insisted that I do a thing on Registry.com because people want to give the couple something for the wedding and they would love the idea that they just have to write a check and it is done.  After reading the posts on here I am now 100% against that idea but we DON"T need a toaster so when people ask if we are registered what is the appropriate thing to say?  There are those of you who say if you don't register you get cash anyway but what are we supposed to say when people ask?  This is the thing about the wedding that is stressing me out the most!

Re: Registry

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2010
    "We have everything for the home that we could ever need or want."

And it's not the registries that people think is tacky or ruse, it's the honeymoon registries.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    First of all, your sister's insistence on having a registry doesn't mean you have to do it. 

Just dont register anywhere.  When people ask about it, say you don't need anything, or, if money is what you want, have friends and family spread it by word of mouth that money is what would be most helpful and what you'd most prefer.
  • Options
    Most people like to get the registry information cause they want to buy you something that you actually need as opposed to another toaster.  If you choose not to register (which is fine) you might get some gifts that youcan't return, but you'll also probably just get cash from people. 

Most people on this board (like myself) find honeymoon registries tacky, but store registries are accepted by most people. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards