Maine

hairdressers in sunday river area!?

i saw a post before about someone doing hair in that area, anyone remember or know of a good reasonably priced hairdresser in the area? need one asap! 38 more days to go and no one to do my hair!!! =)

Re: hairdressers in sunday river area!?

• edited December 2011
    Try Island Indulgence Salon in Rumford, ME.  They will travel and I think another Sunday River Bride said she was using them.  I think the salon is only 20 minutes away or so if you did have to go there. 
    Married 9.4.11
  • edited December 2011
    oh thanks!! ill have to call them tomorrow. hey hows your plans going? im getting so excited and cant wait to enjoy myself! also have you guys checked out crocker pond house? i think the website is www.crockerpond.com or crockerspond.com . we are recommending it to guestd not staying at the house. its really nice and on the more affordable. $125 a night. just a heads up
  • edited December 2011

I am using Island Indulgence for my wedding.  I just had my hair and make-up trial today.  My hairstylist is Lisa.   Here are pics from today (sorry that the quality is not so good):

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There were some previous posts about this on a thread I started, not too long ago. You might want to check that out too. A lot of brides have hair stylists travel to Sunday River, or so is the word on the street with other SR bride, though I'm going to give Dmcphee's recommendation a shot next time I"m up there. 

DMcphee - REALLY pretty hair and make up! I can't wait to try out that salon. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • edited December 2011

Dmcphee, you're hair looks great! 

Amanda, I haven't looked into the Crackerpond yet.  Thank you for the recommendation!  I will definitely check it out.  I can't believe you are so close!  Yay!  I am less than 8 months away now and that has kind of freaked me out.  So much to do!  I can't wait to see pictures and how everything goes for you.  :)

Married 9.4.11
  • jdenormandiejdenormandie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Colour Boutique in South Paris, ME. Kelly (the owner) will travel to Bethel with as many girls as you need to get the job done. I highly recommend meeting her for a trial run even if you are just getting an up do. It's helpful to see how your hair will react to her products etc.

I posted some pictures a few minutes ago from our wedding. Kelly did my hair and I loved it! I really threw a challenge at her ( I wanted half up, half down but didnt want my back covered...and I had long hair!) and she was up to the task!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards