Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Where are you getting ready on your wedding day?

Not sure if this is the right category, but where does everyone get ready on their wedding day? At the church, a hotel, home? We are coming to California from another country to get married, so I'm not sure what people here do! Can we get a hair and makeup at the church? Is this much more expensive than if we go to the hairdresser?

Re: Where are you getting ready on your wedding day?

• It's usually less expensive if you go to the salon. It's also preferable if you have a large group. For us, I had 4 BM, 2 of whom were my sisters. My sisters and I slept in the king size bed, and there was a separate sitting area. The next morning, the other 2 BM's came over, and from 9am-4pm, we had a hair and makeup artist there doing all of us before we left for the venue.

I loved the hotel option, because it was roomy, comfortable, and one of my mom's friends brought us by lunch, so we didn't have to leave to eat.
  • We went to a salon to get hair/make-up but then got dressed at the church in a dressing room they had.

It's more expensive to hire stylists to travel to a location rather than going to the salon. However, it's a possibility to have them either come to a hotel room or to the ceremony venue.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • I got married at a hotel so I got ready in my suite.  I hired a wedding makeup artist to come to the hotel.  If you are having a church wedding, this is what I suggest, then getting dressed at the church.  You could also have your hair and makeup done at any local salon near the venue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards