New York-Western

New Years Eve Wedding! cant find a banquet hall!!

I just got engaged last week on a wonderful vacation to North Carolina. I have always dreamed of having a new years eve wedding and have read all the pros and cons to the very celebrated date. I live in a small town south of Buffalo NY and we are having trouble finding a venue large enough for our reception. The one place that would perfect is possibly going to be rented on my date. New Years Eve 2011. But its open this year! Should I even try to plan a wedding in 4 months?

Re: New Years Eve Wedding! cant find a banquet hall!!

• edited December 2011
    The fact that you found a banquet hall near Buffalo for this new years eve is pretty amazing ....and yes you can plan a wedding in 4 months BUT BUT BUT if you have alot of OOT guests and the venue is anywhere near Buffalo THEN you may not have enough (or any) hotel rooms for them (or they may not block them for you) becasue the World Junior Hockey Championships is in Buffalo between Dec 26-Jan 4th and it is  a huge thing in hockey world and all the teams have most of the rooms booked up....I had inquired about having a wedding that first weekend as well...instead mine will be either the 8th or 16th (waiting on my visa..)
  • edited December 2011

We were looking into that date but then changed due to other things, but how big is big? Our guest list is between 200-300 with 225 being the expected attendance, but the possiblity of up to 300 (a lot of OOT family).

If thats your range then I have a whole list of places, I looked at over 20 before finding one

• Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were originally going to have a New Year's Eve wedding this year but because of H being in the military we had to bump it up and we were married in July.  We were all set at the Conference Center Niagara Falls for NYE and they had the date booked for us, but we had to change it.  We still had our wedding there and I absolutely loved it there.  There's a chance its still open for that night this year.  And their main ballroom can hold up to 600 people. We ended up with 195 and it was great, but have also been to banquet dinners in there with 400 people and there is plenty of room.

I think you can easily plan a wedding in 4 months.  We planned ours in under 6 months and were told by many guests it was the best wedding they've ever been to.  I loved how short we planned because it forced us to just make decisions and not dwell on them or think too much.  I could never imagine planning a wedding for a year or more. 

If you have your heart set on certain vendors (florists, DJ, photographer) then you might have trouble booking them being a holiday and short notice.  But if you are flexible on your vendors then you should be fine.  As a PP said though you might want to check with hotels in the area first if you have lots of OOT guests.  Also, with it being around the holidays you have to expect that a lot of OOT people won't be able to make it.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards