North Carolina-Outer Banks

Rehearsal Dinner

I've been thinking for our rehearsal dinner, since we aren't actually having a rehearsal, to just take the wedding party out to a nice dinner and drinks?!
All of our guests would be invited to the rehearsal (since most of them are family) so it's like having two receptions. So I thought instead...have a nice evening out with our parties?
is this tacky? I dont want to offend anyone by not having a traditional rehearsal dinner.
THOUGHTS PLEASE

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a welcome BBQ.  Because everyone's traveled for our wedding, if you're there, you're welcome to come.
  • edited December 2011

We are also doing a welcome cookout instead of a dinner out, just to help with the overall costs since FI's parents offered to host.  I didn't want them to pick up the large tab at a restaurant.

I think it's a really nice thing to do for your guests since they all traveled, even though it isn't a traditional rehearsal.

06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • LinGarrett83LinGarrett83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a welcome open house party 3 days before the wedding.  The rehearsal dinner will be just the bridal party, parents, and grandparents the night before.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards