Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

David's Bridal -- BM Dresses on Sale?

I know this is something I *SHOULD* know due to the sheer volume of emails I receive from them.....but.....my girls are going to get their BM dresses from David's Bridal.  I did not get my gown there, so they don't get that discount.......I was trying to look back through my email to see if they have sales on the BM dresses with any sort of frequency....I know that every 3 - 4 weeks I get an email that bridal gowns are on sale.

Any tips or tricks to save my ladies some moola?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: David's Bridal -- BM Dresses on Sale?

• Options
    From my own experience, DB dresses seem to always be on sale.  In fact, I was pressured to purchase my own dress because it was 'on sale' and I wouldn't be able to get the same deal at a later date.  Occasionally I would check their website to see if this was true and it was not.  As a matter of fact, my dress is still listed as 'on sale' and so are the BM dresses I had picked out.  It's now 4 months after my wedding so yeah.

If you go into a DB store, you can give them a selection of the dresses that you like and they can enter it into their computer.  If a certain style is scheduled to be discontinued, they will notify you.  And keep track of those dresses online to see if they go on sale or if the sale is ending.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    They pretty much tend to put BM dresses on "sale" and then that particular style will stay "on sale" until they discontinue it.  I have never seen a style go on sale, and then go back to the original price, honestly.
  • Options
    My girls went and found their dresses at DB figured out the style & size. They didn't buy them that night. Over the next 2-3 weeks (we went about 4 months prior to wedding & ordering time for DB is about 2-3 weeks I think) I searched over e-bay and was able to find the same dresses. I bought them used & paid myself to have them dry cleaned, I bought 3 dresses for approx $60 a piece including dry cleaning. They cost $140 new. It's hit or miss on e-bay but it's worth a shot. The big thing is to pay attention to measurements and ask what alterations have been done.Like what height was the BM w/what size heel if a long dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards