Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Airbrush or Regular Make-up

Okay ladies, I need your advice.  I have been getting my make-up airbrushed for 2 weddings I've attended recently.  I feel like it looks natural, even and flawless but not as nice as when I get my make-up done using regular founation, blush etc. from a make-up artist at the mall.  Also my fore-head tends to get pretty shiny half way through the night with the air brush.  The air brush always looks beautiful on other brides I know in thier photos.  Thoughts on airbrush vs. regular make-up.  Is airbrush not for everyone??

Re: Airbrush or Regular Make-up

• Kdancy0805Kdancy0805 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    I am doing air brush. I love it and feel like it last longer. For the shiny forehead part I would just get some of the blotting wipes. I think clearisil makes them. Good Luck
  • Thanks! I'm just thinking also for contouring..regular make-up always seemed to work better for me..
  • I am in the airbrush camp.  But if you have had it before and don't like it as much as regular, then just go with regular.  Either will be fine.
  • I used MUF HD Makeup (if you look a few threads down there's a couple of girls that discuss it), and I loved it. It's traditional foundation, but it's the best I've ever used. I like a lot of coverage, and airbrush wasn't going to cut it for me.
    It's definitely just what you feel comfortable with.
  • I hated my airbrush trial; I felt like it didn't give me enough coverage. But I know others who have loved it. I would get a make-up trial with whichever route you decide to go before the wedding day. I ended up having her use regular powder foundation and thought it was the perfect amount of coverage.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Thanks!  Yeah I'm going to have a trial with the regular make-up and decide from there.  I feel like the airbrush doesn't give me enough coverage
  • I just regular makeup on my wedding day. It stayed perfect for 16 hours.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I thought for sure I'd go with airbrush.  I did a trial and didn't really care for it.  I then did another trial with traditional and liked it much more!  The coverage and color was much better.
  • As a makeup artist I airbrush about 99% of my brides/clients! Prep is the most important thing though - skin prep, priming and correcting - before airbrush! That equation = PERFECTION!

As for shine, a good mattifier works well or use blotting sheets! (You can also get toilet seat covers in public bathrooms as they work the same! LOL)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards