April 2013 Weddings

Not even kidding...

...we just had another groomsman bail. He has to report to his ship earlier than anticipated. The bummer is that he was one of the most excited ones :/. I'm going to have to call the rental house company and see about switching to smaller houses or getting one giant one for the whole wedding party tomorrow. Now we are down to 7 girls, 6 guys. I don't think any of the girls will bail since they've all paid for their dresses but you never know. This is what we get for asking so many pilots and sailors :P

Re: Not even kidding...

• I'm sorry that one of your groomsmen won't be a part of your special day!  I know that it is difficult.  How is your FI handling it?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well, we had a BM and two GMs drop out in the last two weeks. I think at this point he's starting to get pissed and/or frustrated bc we bend over backwards to make it to our friend's events and we aren't really getting that time, energy and investment back. We were in the weddings of the first two that dropped out and consider everyone in our WP very close friends of ours. It's just hard when you have that many people in that many places doing that many things. I'm trying to help him see the bright sidesaving money but yea, he's bummed :/
  • Geez!!!! Not again. Sorry:(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ohhh noooo :( i hope that no one else bails! you guys will work through it, in the end the most important thing is that you two are married!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Aww, I am sorry. That is a bummer.
  • Yea...this being the third one, I think we're getting kind of numb to it.  It's turning FI off to the idea of attending other people's weddings in the future unless they're close family or they live within a 3 hr radius lol.  I hate to laugh but it's kind of funny because I know how much he actually loves going to weddings and that we'll go to everyone we get an invitation to that he can get leave for ;-)
  • I am sorry that is happening to you. :(
    The Future Mrs. Burleson Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm sorry. :( I'm having so much drama with getting bridesmaids dresses ordered, I hope all 6 of my girls are still there when the day comes! But I understand your frustration in putting so much into other people's weddings and not getting it in return. 
  • Ipick-I have one last BM that needs to order and it's FSIL.  She just graduated from college yesterday and she's planning to go in tomorrow to order.  *fingers crossed that she goes*  Most of the girls ordered last week and their dresses are supposed to arrive in mid-Feb.  Luckily, she lives near an Alfred Angelo store so she can get in there and pick hers up soon after it comes in and start with alterations.

Good luck with your girls, you said you had some in TX, right?
  • Most of mine are in Texas. I live in DC but am getting married in Austin. I've tracked down all but one of the dresses. So, either that BM just completely lied to me about going, used a fake name when ordering or something went terribly wrong in the process. I'm also using Alfred Angelo. I ended up emailing corporate b/c there were so many discrepencies. I finally got a call from a district manager who clear up 2 of the 3 dresses in question (apparently one asked to hold the order until Friday, I'm guessing payday, but the msg never got to me, and the other was filed incorrectly due to her ordering dresses for 2 different weddings.)

I hate being a nag, I really do. I wish I could just order them all myself!

The manager I just spoke to did say they are still in late-Feb for arrivals, so we have a few weeks of wiggle-room!
  • Yikes!  Are you trying to track them using the brides(dot)alfredangelo(dot)com website?  All of mine have shown up correctly so far...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards