Virginia
Options

unique reception ideas

my fiance and i are planning a june wedding and we want a sort of fun easy-going atmosphere.  we are not super sure we want dancing (outside of the traditional dances, bride/groom, bride/father, etc).  we are still not set on the venue which makes the planning a little tricky but i am still brainstorming ideas. i would love for the ceremony to be outside and the reception to be in a renovated barn type space.  i need ideas for what to do at the reception instead of a dance party.  some possibilties i'm already thinking of are: photo area with my polaroid and a chalkboard to write on/props; cupcakes and an ice cream bar; and my fiance mentioned corn hole so maybe that plus, croquet, horse shoes.. i'm not entirely sure. i want it to feel like a fun party bringing our family and friends together and i want them to have a great time but i also don't want it to become so casual that is doesn't feel like a wedding.
hope that all makes sense, any ideas/advice would be great! thanks!

oh and we are on a tight budget!
~elizabeth hope

Re: unique reception ideas

• Options
    elystargloryelystarglory member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    whoa. I think you exactly described what I want to do for a wedding.  Sort of classy picnic/tailgate.   Let me know if you come with any great ideas.  Where are you planning your wedding?  We are living in Richmond, VA and are looking to hold our event around this area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards