Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Family pics after the ceremony

I thought I read somewhere that someone made up little cards for family members they wanted to stick around immediately after the cermony for pictures.  I thought I could have my niece pass them out as the specific guests arrive that way we wont have to go looking for someone. 

Has anyone heard of this?  Has anyone done it or planning to do it?  If so, what did the card say?  Would be cute if I could think of a cute saying or something.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Family pics after the ceremony

• edited December 2011
    I've never seen cards.  I've heard of the officiant making a short announcement after the recessional that photos were beginning for all guests.  I also contacted our family before the event to let them know we were gathering at X time before the reception for family photos and almost everyone showed up on time.
  • edited December 2011
    We ended up grabbing the people we wanted for pictures right before dinner. Everyone was sitting, so they were easy to find and we just happened to luck out and find the right moment to get everyone together. It took about 10 minutes, if that.

People don't read things, remember anything or pay attention, so I'm not sure the cards are the best idea. It's not a bad idea, I just think with human nature, you may waste your time and still have to hunt people down.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards