North Carolina-Outer Banks

Glimmer for hair and make up

Hi everyone,
I am still trying to pick a hair and make up place-has anyone used Glimmer?  I met them at the Expo and they seemed really nice and i liked their portfolio.  Or Diva's?  Any advice?

Re: Glimmer for hair and make up

• I met them at the Expo too and thought the same thing - the photos they had of their hair/makeup were awesome. So I'm also curious to know if anyone has used them!
  • edited January 2012
    Hi,

One of my best friends got married in the Outer Banks last year and she hired All Eyes on the Bride to do her makeup and the bridal parties. The makeup artist Lauren was fantastic, we all looked stunning, and she did airbrush makeup which was fantastic. I stopped at her booth and chatted her up to say hello. I told her I would definitely be booking her for my wedding makeup in 2013!

I was the expo too - when I talked with the ladies at the Glimmer and they seemed very nice, but my girlfriend who is a local said they had just started their business in the last few months and didn't know much about them.

Good luck!
  • Mollie with Glimmer has been doing my hair for 6 years- she's awesome! I've already booked Glimmer for my 2013 wedding- I couldn't imagine using anyone else.
  • We are using Amber with Bombshells. 

For our bridal party luncheon and pedi's we are using Diva's.  They are SO SWEET and I am so excited about that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_glimmer-hair-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:e5a01ece-e119-482d-b06f-b25eb218c96ePost:adc19f69-95c8-4362-afec-88bcb53012c6">Glimmer for hair and make up</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone, I am still trying to pick a hair and make up place-has anyone used Glimmer?  I met them at the Expo and they seemed really nice and i liked their portfolio.  Or Diva's?  Any advice?
    Posted by summerstar23005[/QUOTE]
     Glimmer is AWESOME!!!! They have done my engagement hair and make-up and will be doing my wedding! I wouldnt recommend anyone else! 
  • I just wanted to let everyone know that Glimmer was AMAZING!  They were so fun and easy to work with. They did my entire wedding party plus my mother in law and we all looked the best that we have every looked.  If I was a millionaire I would hire them to be my glam squad.  My makeup was flawless and lasted all night long. My hair (which usually never holds any style at all) looked great and stayed that way all night!  I would def. recommend using Glimmer. They did my hair and makeup with plenty of time to spare so that I wasn't rushing around at the last minute!  book them today!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards