Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Shower date?

i don't usually post on this board but I had a question for you ladies.  My wedding is 9/17/11 and  the girls have chosen to do my bridal shower Memorial Day weekend.  My FMIL is the one who steered my girls in this date direction because a lot of FI's family will be up for his brothers graduation during that time.  However, my mother thinks it should be within 6 weeks of the wedding, but my MOH is getting married 5 weeks before me and will be out of town for the week following. So it does make more sense, I think, to have it in May. 

What are your thoughts? TIA!

Re: Shower date?

• Options
    loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think May is a little early for the shower since your wedding is in Sept. But if that's the only date available and accomodates those FI's family, there's really not much you can do
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is earlier than most showers tend to take place but if that is the date that works there isn't much you can do about it. Just go with it-better to have the people you care about with you than wait until closer to the wedding for no good reason.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know how difficult it is finding a date.  You'd think with all the days in the year you'd have a plethora of dates to choose from.  But no.  If Memorial Day works best for everyone then do it.  I think your MOH would thank you! :)  My shower is in April and my wedding is in August.  So there ya go.
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_shower-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:68e74c3d-9a25-4c3c-82d8-844197498616Post:11d22cc3-8cf2-426c-84df-993fa217aef7">Re: Shower date?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know how difficult it is finding a date.  You'd think with all the days in the year you'd have a plethora of dates to choose from.  But no.  If Memorial Day works best for everyone then do it.  I think your MOH would thank you! :)  My shower is in April and my wedding is in August.  So there ya go.
    Posted by songbrd410[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto this! Plus it'll mean so much more to them and to you to have them in attendance.</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay Thanks for your thoughts ladies! I really appreciate it. I'll leave it up to them to decide, but just wanted to check and make sure that I wasn't in the wrong somehow.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you are at all. Gorgeous flowers, by the way. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards