Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Food Timing

We're deciding on times to put on the invitations for my wedding and I had a question.

We're having the ceremony (we think) at 5pm. It will be short, like 20 minutes. We are then going to take the rest of the pictures because my fiance and I want to have the traditional first time he sees me that day will be when I walk down the isle.

I've heard several people say that they hate waiting on the bridal party before they finally get to eat.

Should we put like "dinner will be served at ____" so that guests know they can head over to the reception site but dinner will not be served until a little bit later?

We have discussed little appetizers with the caterer, but I don't know if that will be in the budget when it's all said and done.

What do you think? Any suggestions?

Re: Food Timing

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would really try to work some kind of hors d'oeurves or appetizers into the budget. They don't have to be terribly fancy (cheese and crackers, veggies and dip, a hot app or two), but it's not really nice to your guests to have them waiting around doing nothing while you take pictures, whether or not you warn them about it beforehand or not. 
  • Options
    jelenybeanyjelenybeany member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_food-timing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:6bb3c7d8-6750-4f1a-a40e-4d1839cf13b3Post:68e78b02-9c57-426d-8f68-48c815a7d2b1">Re: Food Timing</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would really try to work some kind of hors d'oeurves or appetizers into the budget. They don't have to be terribly fancy (cheese and crackers, veggies and dip, a hot app or two), but it's not really nice to your guests to have them waiting around doing nothing while you take pictures, whether or not you warn them about it beforehand or not. 
    Posted by jessicabessica[/QUOTE]

this. even just a cheese and cracker tray or a veggie tray...something to munch on. what are they going to do while they're waiting if there's not something to nosh on? something simple.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards