Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Self Tanner Help

I have to wear a dress on Saturday and my legs are ghostly white.  I have no time to get an airbrush tan, so I decided to buy the Jergens Natural Glow self tanning lotion at the drugstore.  

I tried it last night, and my skin seems to look darker this morning (it's the stuff that's guaranteed to make you look tan after one use).  Problem is, apparently I didn't wash my hands good enough after I put it on.  The skin between my fingers is dark and looks ridiculous.  Any idea how I can get this off?  I tried scrubbing with soap and a washcloth this morning, but no luck.

Here's a photo I just took so you can see what I'm talking about:

21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Self Tanner Help

• If you have access to it, the peroxide developer for hair coloring has worked for me in the past. You should be able to get it at Sallys!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you have those exfoliating gloves, you can scrub with that.  Exfoliating the layers that are colored is the only thing that's ever worked for me.  When I used self tanners in the past, I always washed my hands between body parts to keep that from happening.  So, do one leg, wash your hands, do the other leg and then wash your hands again.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I would try lemons or lemon juice!
  • lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    Thanks ladies!  I'll try exfoliating when I get home from work.  Hopefully that works.  If not, I'll have to go buy some lemons or peroxide developer!

On the bright side, my legs aren't quite as ghostly as they were yesterday!  
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've found that acetone nail polish remover works well too.
    Anniversary
  • lemon juice and warm water, should come off fairly easy because its such a small amount thats darkened, but dont be discouraged if it takes a little extra scrubbin! good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_self-tanner-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:94c1b67b-ca75-4858-b02a-4e020c327b50Post:e644e438-6a6d-4191-9992-ecff55cf7f76">Re: Self Tanner Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would try lemons or lemon juice!
    Posted by sarahbomser[/QUOTE]

I have heard about that too. Also maybe alittle makeup just dab alittle.

• Rodan and Fields Dermatologists have an amazing sunless tanning lotion that also moisturizes and is great for your skin.  It was developed by Drs Katie Rodan and Kathy Fields along with an array of other fabulous skin products to make your skin gorgeous for your wedding day and the rest of your life.  Take a look at my site:  https://iLangman.myrandf.com

or facebook.com/IrisLangmanSkincare

you'll  be able to check out all the fabulous products..i know you will be happy with what you see.  There is nothing to lose ..there is a 60 day return policy..try the products for 60 days ..if your not happy with the results you simply send it back for a full refund.  Take a look at the PC offer.  If you become a PC (preferred customer) you get an automatic 10% off and free shipping for your order of $80 or more...take a look and enjoy.  Let me know if you have any questions..and Happy Wedding and happy foreverSmile  Love to see you in our products!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards