Wisconsin
Options

Chair Covers?

Hello -

I am looking for anyone that can possibly recommend a good company that supplies chair covers and sashes.  My reception site is going to charge me $5 per chair, which may not seem a lot to some, but when you add it all up.....

I started looking on line for companies that supply them and will ship them and there are some where both the cover and the chair would be less than $3 a chair.  

Does anyone have any good recommendations?  I was thinking even in the Milwaukee area so shipping would be less?

Thanks!

Re: Chair Covers?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If I remember correctly from our many reception hall visits where we talked about chair covers-- $5 a chair is a good deal. When you do the order yourself you'll most likely need to steam and put on the chair covers yourself (unless they agree to do this for you, probably for a fee).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm buying mine and going to re-sale after the wedding.  I'm likely going through linentablecloth.com.  They are about $3 for chair covers and sashes, so definitely cheaper and you can make some money back.

I never liked the idea of the online rentals.  It kind of freaked me out (what if they don't get here in time?) and you never have in person contact which bothered me a bit.  Sorry I don't have any experience with them though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    pengee1pengee1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for responses.  You both offer valid points that I haven't even gotten as far as thinking about yet.   I know that $5 is probably a good deal compared to others, but when thinking of the total cost, it's a bit gasping.  I guess we could even consider just doing sashes.....?  Everyone keeps telling me that no one will even notice the chairs (uncovered), which is probably true, but I will   Wink
  • Options
    SweetCharadeSweetCharade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I *think* Party Town in Oconomowoc is like 2.75/chair
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hear you, I used to think it was super important, but somewhere in the planning other things became priority, but if you want it-- Get it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure if you are in the Madison area but Cover it Up in Brooklyn is pretty cheap. It's only $2/chair and they can do the set up for you if you wish. There is a $25 fee if you want them to deliver and $1.50 to set up than $0.75 for them to take it down if you want but those are optional. Their website is:

http://coveritupmadison.weebly.com/index.html

My friend is using them for her October wedding and she said they have been really good to her so far.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SHELBZ5SHELBZ5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_chair-covers-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:eb09cc85-3666-4816-95b1-87386b416324Post:df7110e5-4f0d-4586-8009-630f325fa756">Re: Chair Covers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I *think* Party Town in Oconomowoc is like 2.75/chair
    Posted by SweetCharade[/QUOTE]

I'm using this vendor for my wedding next weekend.  The cost for them (installed) is $3.50 each + a delivery fee of like $35 or something.  Then my WP will remove at the end of the night/morning and throw in provided laundry bags to bring back to PT.  There's options for them to remove and pick up too, but they were pricey.  I contemplated having them/not having them based on cost for some time, but I really think they set a special tone for the reception that I really wanted! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards