New York-Western
Options

looking for a church

I'm looking for a church in the Rochester NY area, preferably around Greece, which will let non members get married there and bring their own Minister. My fiance and I are very interested in getting married in a church because relgion is important to us as is our Pastor, who has known us our whole relationship. Any suggestions?

Re: looking for a church

• Options
    degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What kind of church, catholic, methodist, lutheran, ect.... ?
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Options
    spenet1spenet1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Linehan Chapel at Nazareth. You can bring in anyone you want, EXCEPT they do not allow Catholic weddings. Our best friend got ordained online, so it was rare to find a place that had so little restrictions.

Other options I found that allowed this are Westminster Chapel in Mendon, the U of R Chapel, and Chapel Hill downtown.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
  • Options
    pas0004pas0004 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are pretty open about the denomination of church. I grew up in a non demoninational church, but currently attend a presbyterian church, my fiance was raised lutheran, and our minister is lutheran.

Thanks for the suggestions, we are going to check out U of R tomorrow.
  • Options
    spenet1spenet1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of the only problems we had with U of R, to warn you, was parking. It is not at all convenient, and they suggested you hire a shuttle to bring your guests from the lot to the church.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
  • Options
    awes14awes14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also on the hunt for a church. I found this random website with a few different churches listed.

www.all2theweddingchapel.com/id89.htm
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards