Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Wedding Theme HELP!

I need help clarifying my theme! I am not sure what the overall category would be. I have had a lot of different input about what it is so now I am confused! I just am going off an overall vision but I want to make sure everything makes sense together! Here is some examples of what I have/picked out....
- Floor Length, black, one shoulder bridesmaids dresses
- Groom and groomsmen wearing black Chuck Taylors with tuxes 
- Old car for us and old red double decker bus for guests transportation
- Candy/cupcake bar
- Old glass bottle sodas with red and white stripe paper straws
- Photobooth at reception and photobooth save the dates
- Vintage typography for programs
- Lace textured invitations and table clothes
- Black, white, and red as color scheme 
- Red roses for flowers

What would you say the theme is?? Undecided

Re: Wedding Theme HELP!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_wedding-theme-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:36b874d9-9b89-4bba-8f58-1b842802f06ePost:8ef3e61b-fb6a-460c-953a-3510e14c2d60">Wedding Theme HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need help clarifying my theme! I am not sure what the overall category would be. I have had a lot of different input about what it is so now I am confused! I just am going off an overall vision but I want to make sure everything makes sense together! Here is some examples of what I have/picked out.... - Floor Length, black, one shoulder bridesmaids dresses - Groom and groomsmen wearing black Chuck Taylors with tuxes  - Old car for us and old red double decker bus for guests transportation - Candy/cupcake bar - Old glass bottle sodas with red and white stripe paper straws - Photobooth at reception and photobooth save the dates - Vintage typography for programs - Lace textured invitations and table clothes - Black, white, and red as color scheme  - Red roses for flowers What would you say the theme is?? 
    Posted by njoyn[/QUOTE]

Wedding.
  • Options
    You don't need a theme.  Weddings have an automatic theme - marriage.
  • Options
    Wow... you have a whole lot of details already worked out for a year and a half out!  On the one hand, I'm impressed... but on the other hand, are you sure you want to make decisions like the bridesmaids dresses so early?  A lot can change in the next year.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    For me, the converse, red & white straws with glass bottles, and candy buffet gives a1950's retro feeling. Especially with the old cars...

I love the retro/vintage look!
    Two Drifters Off To See The World...
  • Options
    Vintage quirky? Whatever you call it, it sounds great!
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_wedding-theme-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:36b874d9-9b89-4bba-8f58-1b842802f06ePost:9e0306c1-30b3-49a2-998f-42e110a48541">Re: Wedding Theme HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Wedding Theme HELP! : Wedding.
    Posted by zitiqueen[/QUOTE]

Hahaha...love!

• Options
    I'd also say vintage/retro.  I think it's a great idea!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Sounds like the theme is vintage/retro.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Options
    OOOO sounds really fun!!  I would say your theme is formal carnival or fair.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards