Michigan-Grand Rapids

Looking to hire a wait staff for a wedding reception..?

Planning a wedding for July 2012 in Grand Rapids, MI. My hubby-to-be and I really want to use a local restaurant for catering a buffet style dinner; however, they do not offer a wait staff to tend to tables and such. I'd like to hire a wait staff, but I'm not sure where to look... Does anyone in this area have an idea about where I should look to hire a wait staff? Thanks!

Re: Looking to hire a wait staff for a wedding reception..?

• hrfirebird23hrfirebird23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Planning a wedding for July 2012 in Grand Rapids, MI. My hubby-to-be and I really want to use a local restaurant for catering a buffet style dinner; however, they do not offer a wait staff to tend to tables and such. I'd like to hire a wait staff, but I'm not sure where to look... Does anyone in this area have an idea about where I should look to hire a wait staff? Thanks!
  • ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    <----post on your local boards to see if anyone knows of a service like that.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, post in your local board, but as a general idea, I'd try to see if you can just strike up a conversation with waiters/waitresses at a restaurant. If you offer them a little more than they'd make on a normal day at their restaurant, they'd probably ask the day off from work to work for you, and yet it'd still be way cheaper than hiring a catering staff.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I would also check out Craigslist.  You could post your own request for staff or their might be people looking for work who will fit the criteria of people you need.  Also, check into local staffing agencies or anything else along those lines.
  • edited December 2011
    I second the craigslist option - or if you have any "friends" who work as waitresses/waiters who you weren't planning on inviting to the wedding as a guest, you could ask them if they're available and how much they would ask for to do this service.
  • edited December 2011
    The restaurant should have give you the option to use their own servers.  I would be extremely leery of Craigslist.

I'd suggest Hearthstone, they are the best - out of Muskegon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards