Snarky Brides
Options

Answer my random questions please

I don't want to make individual topics about these, so here's a smattering of topics

If you put a baby up for adoption, would you want the birth parents to live in the same town as you/nearby?If you were the adopter same question.

Is $200 enough to spend on 4 people (sil/bil/mil/niece) for Christmas?

Do you decorate the inside of your house for Christmas? (I told mom we were and she looked at me like I was crazy and goes "Why would you put lights up inside?")

Do you consider sugar substitues (Splenda for example) to be "healthy"?

Re: Answer my random questions please

• Options
    If you put a baby up for adoption, would you want the adoptive parents to live in the same town as you/nearby?If you were the adopter same question.  I don't think so.  I would probably want to be farther away because I would be concerned about running into them at random places.  Could be very awkward - I guess I've read about too many 'open' relationships between adoptive and birth parents that go sour and end up in custody battles.

Is $200 enough to spend on 4 people (sil/bil/mil/niece) for Christmas?  Yes.

Do you decorate the inside of your house for Christmas? (I told mom we were and she looked at me like I was crazy and goes "Why would you put lights up inside?")  Oh, yes.  Lights, nativity, snowmen, wall hangings, candles, etc

Do you consider sugar substitues (Splenda for example) to be "healthy"? In moderation, I think they are healthier than consuming lots of sugar.  I try to have only 2 Splenda packets per day.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    If you put a baby up for adoption, would you want the birth parents to live in the same town as you/nearby?If you were the adopter same question.
    NO, I wouldn't want to live near them!!

definitely!!

Do you decorate the inside of your house for Christmas? (I told mom we were and she looked at me like I was crazy and goes "Why would you put lights up inside?")
    Yes, I decorate inside.  Well, I live in an apartment, so there's not much outside decorating I can do.  We have a couple cute little Santa Claus's that I bust out right after Thanksgiving.

Only in very small doses.  The chemicals can't be better for you than real sugar, calories and all.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_answer-random-questions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8255fd30-cef6-445e-9742-02ba8e9c398ePost:6193dbcf-c3e7-41d9-8cda-5264febf6af0">Re: Answer my random questions please</a>:
    [QUOTE]It sounds dorky but I was thinking of the potential Glee drama with Quinn and Shelby living so close together. It would be really hard not to meddle I think. Whew on the $200. <strong>S and I are talking about our Christmas budget and I know he's not going to be happy about that limit for them. I wanted to make sure I wasn't being a stingy biitch before I threw it out there.</strong>
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't know what Z is like, but when I was younger my favorite aunt used to give us lots of little things (pencils, pens, chapstick, note pads, necklaces, etc), all individually wrapped. I know it was cheap because she was in the middle of her PhD, but it was really fun to unwrap and we always looked forward to her presents, even more than the more expensive ones we would get from other people. Its just an idea of how to keep a little girl occupied, I guess. </div>
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Katie- Z is what, 4 now? I think $50 is more than enough to spend on a 4 year old. Although it's easy to end up spending a lot on kids. They have so many cool toys now!
  • Options

Mmm, nearby maybe. I think it'd be difficult for one or more parties involved if it were too close.

I'd say so, but I'm poor.

We have some candles and stuff, but no lights other than on the tree.

Uhm, I dunno. I don't use them. If I want to sweeten something without worrying about it, I'll usually just use honey.
  • Options
    Yeah she's 4. They have a very different idea of stuff than we do though. Last year I crocheted a bunch of stuff for them and I have yet to see them being used/displayed. Every toy we buy Z gets donated in 6 months. I know it sounds whiney but I feel like nothing we could get is good enough, and we always go the old "video game/lotion/doll" route every year.
  • Options
    Has anyone else already starting Christmas shopping?
     Because I started last month. Embarassed
  • Options
    No

Yes

No

Yes
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_answer-random-questions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8255fd30-cef6-445e-9742-02ba8e9c398ePost:f99da164-036b-4201-9c9e-6d3c0edb0569">Re: Answer my random questions please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone else already starting Christmas shopping?  Because I started last month.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

I'm done with my mom's shopping, and I know what I'm getting everyone else, I just haven't bought it yet. I can't do my dad's gift until closer to Christmas anyway.
  • Options
    That makes me feel less biitchy Jas :) They have the funds to buy each other really expensive stuff, and anything we find doesn't cut it. I mean, Sil's stocking stuffers last year were a $400 watch, Kindle (when they first came out, last year or year before), $100 shoes, and a $500 ring. We just can't compete with that, you know?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_answer-random-questions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8255fd30-cef6-445e-9742-02ba8e9c398ePost:320a54c8-d7cb-476b-8186-54b745a3de50">Re: Answer my random questions please</a>:
    [QUOTE] I try not to decorate at all, I'm very much the Grinch (sorry Anna) We have a Palm Tree Christmas tree, And I decorate with snowmen.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

That's not grinch-like.  H is anti all of it.  Our first Christmas together was a palm tree with pink lights on it.  Snowmen are certainly festive!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_answer-random-questions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8255fd30-cef6-445e-9742-02ba8e9c398ePost:cfb96c02-b007-49b3-bdbe-1f33108496e0">Re: Answer my random questions please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Answer my random questions please : That's not grinch-like.  H is anti all of it.  Our first Christmas together was a palm tree with pink lights on it.  Snowmen are certainly festive!
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Well the Palm tree belonged to DH before I moved up, I didnt have a tree for years.
    And I love snowmen (even though I hate snow, no sense I know) and I can keep them up after Christmas. It's more of a winter decoration.

Although my cat slays them all the time.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_answer-random-questions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8255fd30-cef6-445e-9742-02ba8e9c398ePost:e516cb62-b91e-4d35-8260-a2e1bde2f26c">Re: Answer my random questions please</a>:
    [QUOTE]That makes me feel less biitchy Jas :) They have the funds to buy each other really expensive stuff, and anything we find doesn't cut it. I mean, Sil's stocking stuffers last year were a $400 watch, Kindle (when they first came out, last year or year before), $100 shoes, and a $500 ring. We just can't compete with that, you know?
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

Yeah..um, I make minimum wage. My stocking stuffers are candy canes and other assorted candies. haha

I love doing theme gifts. Little brother is dragon obsessed. I got him a dragon back pack. Then I got him stones that look like dragon eggs, fake gold, little treasure chests, and gems at the fair last month.
  • Options
    When I lived in Kuwait we had a date branch that we hung Christmas decorations on :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_answer-random-questions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8255fd30-cef6-445e-9742-02ba8e9c398ePost:698c80c3-4ee0-4c11-b2e5-f47112513bcc">Re: Answer my random questions please</a>:
    [QUOTE]My stocking stuffers are candy canes and other assorted candies. haha I love doing theme gifts. Little brother is dragon obsessed. I got him a dragon back pack. Then I got him stones that look like dragon eggs, fake gold, little treasure chests, and gems at the fair last month.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

Feel free to stuff my stocking this year!

That's what SHE said
  • Options
    Katie what is a date branch.

Anna, can do!
  • Options
    Yeah Jas your stocking is more my style too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards