Snarky Brides

Happy Football Sunday-Week 1

FI and I are watching the games with our fantasy stats up on the computer.  We are both yelling at the TV.  Anyone else watching the games?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Happy Football Sunday-Week 1

• I am blissfully football free so far today, but I'm sure that will change as soon as Scott comes home. I'm still gloating about JMU's win over VA Tech yesterday though :)
  • My game this week was on Thursday (Saints), so no football today. I might watch a game just for the heck of it, though. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Damn. The Colts need to buck up and act like they're getting paid millions to win.
  • Ahh don't remind me! I'm impatiently waiting for DH to go up to the anatomy lab so I can have a few hours of peace and quiet sans football!
  • My game was Thur. I am meh about today.
  • Ugh, I hate the Pats so much, and Scott loves them so much. Anyone know if the lions are playing today? I probably should have checked that our and recorded it if they were/are...
  • Fi's gonna be taking over the TV later on today for the Cowboys game. He's not a huge FB fan (as in he doesn't watch EVERY game ever played), but he's definitely a fan of the Cowboys. I like that it gets him outta my hair for a little bit every weekend lol.

Today's his birthday, and he has yet to open up his gift. Which is tickets to a Cowboys game at the home stadium next month. I know he's gonna flip when he opens that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-football-sunday-week-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:605e2fab-7d74-4b71-81e5-e404cecb9a76Post:417d7b29-c346-42fd-a5b5-f4d0005cca5c">Re: Happy Football Sunday-Week 1</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fi's gonna be taking over the TV later on today for the Cowboys game. He's not a huge FB fan (as in he doesn't watch EVERY game ever played), but he's definitely a fan of the Cowboys. I like that it gets him outta my hair for a little bit every weekend lol. Today's his birthday, and he has yet to open up his gift. Which is tickets to a Cowboys game at the home stadium next month. I know he's gonna flip when he opens that.
    Posted by neelynicole[/QUOTE]

That's an awesome present. Sil buys RedWing tickets for Scott every year for his birthday. The only downside is its always when they come to DC, so we have to wade through the obnoxious Caps fans and they always win. Both years I've been close enough to consider flashing the players for an autograph though, so I can't complain :)
  • It's halftime!  The Bears just scored 10 points in 1 minute.  Thank GOD we needed that!
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • and Katie it's 14-13 Detroit
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh dear...that's not going to end well lol. Do I tape them losing the first game or pretend I never heard you say that...
  • Who has the NFL package on TV where you get all of the games?  FI is a psycho Colts fan, but he misses most of the Colts games living out here, so I was thinking baout getting it for him.  Is it worth it? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-football-sunday-week-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:605e2fab-7d74-4b71-81e5-e404cecb9a76Post:5c041add-d204-4a4f-8e58-491ed00b61a1">Re: Happy Football Sunday-Week 1</a>:
    [QUOTE]and Katie it's 14-13 Detroit
    Posted by barbbhoww[/QUOTE]

*blink blink*
    Detroit is winning something?

I went through our channels and the only games we get are Pats/Bengals and Panthers/Giants :(
  • My H has that package. He would say it's well worth it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-football-sunday-week-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:605e2fab-7d74-4b71-81e5-e404cecb9a76Post:0718a263-6c30-4a3a-a705-dae8a887bc32">Re: Happy Football Sunday-Week 1</a>:
    [QUOTE]My H has that package. He would say it's well worth it.
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

A.  What is this new sig?
    B.  Yeah, FI watches every single game that's on tv anywya, so I know he'd like to be able to see his team and would still watcht he other games as well.  I guess it would be worth it.  Woohoo, Christmas gift!
  • A. You don't like my new, edgy look?
    B. Perfect gift.
  • Okay, thanks for the input, football girls.  I'm clueless.

Ricks--lol, I love it!  I want to replicate for my wedding! Especially the crown, pink bow, and drawn on eyebrows. 
  • I have the Jacksonville/denver game on, but apparently it's not being shown everywhere since my mom isn't getting it. But I'm also flipping back and forth from the game to Aladdin.Return of Jafar is on and next is Aladdin and the King of Thieves. Disney trumps football any day.

H is at work and I doubt he even knows the Jags are playing. I just want to see if Tebow plays.
  • E. A. G. L. E. S.  EAGLES.

But, really, I like the baseball.  Go Phils! :)
  • I just turned ont eh Colts game and was flabbergasted. Maybe I've been paying too much attention to college football, but I thought the Colts were still a good team.. being led by a Manning and all.. The Texans normally suck. What's going on here? 
  • I had planned on ignoring a certain green-clad team with a bird of prey for a name, because I'm still mad at the team and the city for trading our quarterback, but here I am in my hotel lobby in Madison waiting for FI to go by in the Ironman, and the game is playing on the TV. Such is life, I suppose.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-football-sunday-week-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:605e2fab-7d74-4b71-81e5-e404cecb9a76Post:483b22b6-74bf-4cc4-9691-85b26a4b2d22">Re: Happy Football Sunday-Week 1</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had planned on ignoring a certain green-clad team with a bird of prey for a name, because I'm still mad at the team and the city for trading our quarterback, but here I am in my hotel lobby in Madison waiting for FI to go by in the Ironman, and the game is playing on the TV. Such is life, I suppose.
    Posted by sarah0725[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh, I didn't know he was doing his ironman this weekend. Go Mr. Sarah #s!!! I have some other friends doing one this weekend, but I don't think its in Madison. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-football-sunday-week-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:605e2fab-7d74-4b71-81e5-e404cecb9a76Post:ebb5ff7e-65ac-49b5-98db-3230f8d65776">Re: Happy Football Sunday-Week 1</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Football Sunday-Week 1 : Oh, I didn't know he was doing his ironman this weekend. Go Mr. Sarah #s!!! I have some other friends doing one this weekend, but I don't think its in Madison. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

He's going all right! I just saw him coming in on the bike a bit ago, and he was cheering and smiling as he went up the hill. Bet he'll be sleepy later though :)
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Watching the games are fun.  Seeing FI stress over fantasy is exhausting, he has been yelling at the TV non stop.  The NFL package is worth it if you are big time fans.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-football-sunday-week-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:605e2fab-7d74-4b71-81e5-e404cecb9a76Post:875bb410-0acf-4902-8a26-71cee08a8b62">Re: Happy Football Sunday-Week 1</a>:
    [QUOTE]My game was Thur. I am meh about today.
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto. But Thursday went better for you than me. Damn Favre.</div>
  • I had to work this morning but have been watching since I got home. H and I both have fantasy teams and we're a bit obsessive. Chris Johnson is my boy! We have the Sunday Ticket package and it is soooo worth it. I figure it's cheaper than going to a bar to watch games you can't get at home.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yesterday-(College)
    Fella and I were a house divided.  He was in a WKU shirt, me in a UK shirt.
    I won. Laughing

Penn State lost, he was pissed.

Today-- (Pro)
    Titan's won! woot woot!
    Watching Green Bay game now...

GOT TICKETS TO TITANS/STEELERS NEXT SUNDAY!!!! Laughing
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards