Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

Centerpieces

Hi girls,

I'm on this board quite often lurking with the rare occasional post and I love seeing everyones ideas! So I'm hoping you can help me out with some centerpiece ideas here.

I'm getting married in July with a tent reception.  It's being held at at 1800's historic farm so we're going with a rustic vintage theme. Our main colors are blues and greens with yellow to tie things together.  I'd love to have centerpieces that are flowerless but i just can't come up with anything other than old vintage books with (flameless) candles.  Any other ideas would be welcomed since we'd like to have 2-3 different centerpieces for the tables.

TIA!

. Anniversary aandt image

Re: Centerpieces

• Options
    What I've seen done in a really fabulous way is to go to antique shops or garage sales and find some attractive trinkets, decor, plates, tins, etc. and use those as your centerpieces. You can always add some votives on the side or a few flowers here and there. Here is an example of a wedding that used this idea.  http://greenweddingshoes.com/real-wedding-stephanie-brians-vintage-outdoor-wedding/
  • Options
    I have seen really cute teapot and teacups used, and they are super easy to find at thrift stores!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    The link PP sent you is a great link, it's pretty much what I'm going for. I started out not wanting any flowers in my centerpieces, but they have grown on me so much.

Also, if you notice PP above has a "Follow Me On Pinterest" button, I highly recommend creating a free Pinterest account, if you have not already. I was invited many months ago, but only recently started using it and it is so helpful.
    *So Fla Board February Siggy* My babe and I
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Here is a crappy picture of my centerpieces sans a special part. Lol. There are three candle "luminaries"; sheet music (1900's), book pages (1950's), and black lace. The part that's missing is a steel rose. I didn't decide until after I took the picture that I wanted the rose...

Here's a picture of them lit up all pretty.

BTW by steel rose I mean a rose made out of steel, cut out by a plasma cutter, and welded by my fantastic sexy welder FI.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    150 Invited image RSVP Date: April 15th
    84 Attendingimage
    66 Missing Outimage
    0 Not Repliedimage
  • Options
    Mrs.Ligget, LOVE LOVE LOVE your centerpieces!
  • Options
    I always liked the idea of lantern centerpieces.  If you google image it you could get some ideas. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards