Minnesota
Options

Need to Vent for a Moment - Guest Lists

I just need to let it out for a sec. 

For the second time in about three days someone from FH's side, who has not RSVP'd (RSVPs were due about two weeks ago), has not only RSVP'd, but is bringing at least two or three people (kids or significant other) with them who we have not met.

Now I know we are way under our head count, but the fact that they RSVP'd late and are bringing people who are not invited really frosts me.  I think it's the principle of the thing.  I realize that we probably will interact with these people for abuot five minutes the entire day, assuming that we even notice that they're there. 
To me it seems that they are using our big day as a date night to get a free meal.  Am I crazy or would this bug anyone else?

Re: Need to Vent for a Moment - Guest Lists

• Options
    brimavenbrimaven member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think it's common for people to bring the kids, but I can totally see how the lateness would be frustrating. When we send our invites we are planning to put into the wording (somehow) that the invite is for the person +1 so that they don't get the idea to just bring the whole family. I guess if you are still under the guest count total, I wouldn't worry too much, but I would definitely talk with your FH and just let him know what's going on and let him know that you are a little frustrated. All in all, I wouldn't dwell on it. There isn't much you can do, so I would just move on to the next thing. A wedding planner told me there is no such thing as the perfect wedding, because there is always something that comes up during the planning or on the actual day, and the best thing to do is don't sweat it. Hope things start looking up for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is so rude!!! You only invited those people and they are bringing people you don't know? Its one thing if its a date you've never met but to bring another couple...that terrible. Don't people have any common curtosy anymore. I mean come on at least get the RSVP in on time!! I'd be peeved too. Your under you guest count anyway so no big deal. Good Luck hope everything goes well for you!
  • Options
    MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Annoying as it is, there's only so much you can do at this point.  If there's no room, then you'll need to have FI call, if there is, just roll with it and don't let it get to you.  There's too much other stuff to worry about at this point and it's just not worth your energy. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have had people ask to bring more people than were included on the invite. Due to our hall only allowing us to have so many people and financially only being able to invite so many people, I have told these people that we are sorry, but we can not add any additional guests at this time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards