Virginia

choosing betw 2 venues...help!

We are trying to decide between 2 venues with similar pricing but different feels.

Option 1: The Mill at Fine Creek near Richmond, VA (themillatfinecreek.com)
Outdoor ceremony, indoor reception, with in-house catering and alcohol for reasonable prices- includes all linens, flatware, silverware, glasses, service, etc. Near where my fiance and I live.

Option 2: Sundara, near Roanoke, VA (mysundara.com)
Outdoor ceremony, tented outdoor reception, on our own for catering, alcohol, linens, flatware, glasses, etc. Near where my future in-laws live (who are paying for a large share of the wedding) and owned by a family friend.

Both are beautiful but we can't decide between the more inclusive, elegant indoor space of The Mill and the gorgeous picturesque outdoor space of Sundara- but there we are more subject to weather and requires a lot more legwork for renting and arranging other details from a distance.

Any advice from others who went for indoor vs outdoor or more inclusive vs arranging all the little things?

Re: choosing betw 2 venues...help!

• I was considering the Mill for my wedding.....The outdoor rustic stone area is SO beautiful for the ceremony!! And the indoor area looks gorgeous as well, and you won't have to worry about weather for the whole evening. Unfortunately, I can't afford the Mill so I have chosen a location near my family's home at Lake Anna. But I've heard nothing but good things about the Mill so my vote is for them!
  • We wanted the Mill, but my fiancees one must was he wanted a chocolate fountain and the rest was just details... In any case, we had set our date and were reviewing the contract and that was a clause that was not flexible... pretty disappointed because it's such a beautiful place and the people were so nice :/   It was the first place we looked and we fell in love so if you all can afford it i'd say go for it, you will surely have beautiful pictures and a unique venue!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards