Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Evening Photography?

I am having my ceremony and reception at the same place (all indoors) at 7pm in April of next year. I would like to have some formal shots but not sure what to do. Do we pose in front of all of our guests? Do we take it outside and hope the flash is bright enough? I want to stay away from doing formals before the ceremony because I like the idea of "element of surprise". Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Anniversary

Re: Evening Photography?

• It sounds like you haven't settled on a photographer yet. That's good-- if you come to them with your questions, you'll be able to tell who to hire based on their answers. If you get someone with professional equipment (like http://www.gatheringguide.com/ec/photographers.html is a good place to start) they won't have trouble with low light. Good steady tripods and some additional lights will work wonders for you.
  • Thanks guys... I might have to suck it up and do the pictures beforehand. I am planning on having a very quick ceremony and just a few formal shots, so don't plan on spending a whole lot of time on pictures.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards