Rhode Island
Options

Need some venue advice!!

Hi Everyone. So I'm in a bit of a mess. We went from having a huge 250 invited wedding to very small 60 invited wedding. So our original venue (Providence Biltmore) we decided on is just too big. Where did you get married? Or where are you getting married? I'm just looking for some ideas that we might have over looked and smaller spaces. I appreciate the advice/tips in advance!  (I posted this on the Boston board too, so sorry if you read it twice).
Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio/Blog 151 Invitedimage 108 Yes!image 22 No :-(image 21 Are turning me into a bridezilla!image RSVP Date Sept. 16

Re: Need some venue advice!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The Chanler in Newport specializes in weddings for 75 people and under.  Worth a look!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I completely agree with PP.  I loved the Chanler at Cliffwalk but my wedding was just too big.  I went with the Regatta Place over on Goat Island.  I saw a wedding set up for about 60 people there and the tent still looked very nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had 83 at our wedding in the Island House at Belle Mer.  It would be a great location for 60 people too!
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Roger William Botanical Garden is an absolutely gorgeous setting - not your traditional venue either. I also love the Meeting House in Tiverton, very rustic feel to it. My other favorite is Linden Place in Bristol. It has a nice old world charm.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i loved the chandler too but it was too small for our wedding. glen manor could be a great option too. we didnt select it because our guests would have had to sit in too many different rooms. but with 60 or so people you could put everyone in one room. worth a look! 
  • Options
    MrkyrainMrkyrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding was 90 people and we had it at Regatta Place.  I know they can do even smaller.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Knotties!! I'll take a look into Chadler, I hated Bell Mere when I went, the location was beautiful but the lady I met with was so snippy and kept having to leave to take a phone call...I was aggrivated with that (not the women/man in charge but the only one who could give us a tour on our day off). So that put me off. But I love the ideas, and appreciate them! Thanks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio/Blog 151 Invitedimage 108 Yes!image 22 No :-(image 21 Are turning me into a bridezilla!image RSVP Date Sept. 16
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would have had my ceremony at the Chanler if wasn't for the ridiculous sound restrictions even for a late afternoon affair! If music is not too important to you, the Chanler will definitely work. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mount Hope Farm is amazing as well......
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love small weddings at the Kinney Bungalow in Narragansett too!
  • Options
    AmyRIAmyRI member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Grille Room of Alpine Country Club. Bar is in the same room and you can go out on their gorgeous patio that overlooks part of the golf course. They only do Saturday night events in that room, but the minmum is low and it was really comfortable for the 65 people we had at our wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want to stay close to your original location I think the Citizen's Bank Building Rotunda (all of the food and staff is done by Cafe Nuovo).  We are getting married there in November and I think the size of the room would be good for 60 people.  So far everyone we have worked with has been really nice... hope this helps!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the Bristol Harbor Inn is a nice space for a small # of guests as well!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another great urban venue in the heart of Providence is Waterplace Restaurant. If I had a wedding your size, this would be one of my top picks.

http://waterplaceri.com/special_events.htm
  • Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the Citizens Routunda , The good at cafe nuovo is great.

What about the Hotel PRovidence, they have a nice space.

Careful with waterplace!! My bf had her rehearsel dinner there nad they ran out of food (ya theyre a restaurant). They were over 4 meals short- qand never offered an anlternative other than a caesar salad.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    nicoleh82002nicoleh82002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm having my reception at Cafe Nuovo.  In just 11 days!!! 

The people at Cafe Nuovo are awesome to work with. I can tell you a little about my planning process.

I decided to have my wedding on a Sunday because the resturant is closed on that day.  I'm getting 3 function spaces to use because of that .  

The outdoor piazza is beautiful. Its tented with nice tables and chairs overlooking waterplace park.  I'm using that and the resturant dining room for cocktail hour/ passed hourdereves,  Some people have ther outdoor ceremony there at the gondola landing.  Our ceremony is at the Cathedral in Providence though. 

Then for dinner and dancing guests will move into the rotunda room,  The rotunda room is gorgeous!  Tall ceilings with  floor to ceiling marble and large windows that overlook the city. 

The best part though of course is the food!! 

Cafe Nuovo is know for its excellent cuisine.   Guests get to pick from a menu that night what they would like to order.  The manager has actually made up small menus with our names on top and our our menu selection. 

I can give you a breakdown on what we chose and the cost too.

Hourderves where $12/ pp

you can pick out a variety of things for this price but we chose

mini crab cakes
    beef wellington
    calamari
    grilled pizza

Salad $8/pp

you can choose what salads to put on your rmenu but we chose

Nuovo Ceasar
    and Organic Greens Salad

Then the entrees are $29/pp  This is the standard price   even though on the menu filet mignon is $35 and roasted chicken is say $25 he averages the cost and makes every item $29/pp we were allowed to pick 5 items for guests to chose that night.

we picked

Filet Mignon
    Roasted Chicken
    Halibut
    Rack of Lamb
    White Shrimp

We decided to use our wedding cake as the dessert.  But they do have very nice dessert to chose from for $10/pp

So before tax each guest is $49/pp for food.  Much less then what you would expect for top of the line food and Downtown Providence. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards