Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

*Kaylas*

Are you guys doing a first look? I was scared to death to walk down the aisle, and was worried I was going to loose it because my dad wasn't there. THANK GOD for my uncle he said a couple jokes (mostly about my ridiculously cute and independent FG adn RB) to get me to smile/laugh then led me down. I tried to pick friends and close relatives out of the crowd to smile and/or wink at. It helped A LOT!!!

Breathe! And trust me after 1.5 yrs of planning it hits the week off (well it hit me on Wes) when you are running around doing last min. things, and yes no matter how little you think you have to do that will magically turn into a list! H was chilling at a buddies waiting for the rehearsal while I was running around town. :( His list took less time than my list. haha divide and conquer is my best advice. :)

As for the vows, just remember to speak up. I am a super loud person and for once no one told be to speak shofter. ;)

GL! Can't wait see pics and hear how it goes.

Re: *Kaylas*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    K I know this isn't for me, but I just wanted to say, that's some great advice Shan!!  Thank you!  = )

End thread hijack!  ; )
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Andi how DARE you jack this thread ;)

Shan thanks for the advice! Yes we are doing a first look so luckily I won't have those nerves.  I feel the same way about feeling like I may lose it because my mom is gone (although maybe not as bad as you since it would have been your dad walking you down the aisle)  I am also such a daddy's girl that I feel super bad for hima nd I know he'll be crying!

I am not a quiet person either ;) but I have a feeling like I will be during the vows! EEEK

I knew I was being too hopeful about having most everything done by the end of this weekend !!

June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_kaylas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:0820b412-98fd-4b9e-a8c8-7adca0d49ed9Post:be9ee14d-dcdd-426b-9ca9-9834c0f62061">Re: *Kaylas*</a>:
    [QUOTE]Andi how DARE you jack this thread ;) Shan thanks for the advice! Yes we are doing a first look so luckily I won't have those nerves.  I feel the same way about feeling like I may lose it because my mom is gone (although maybe not as bad as you since it would have been your dad walking you down the aisle)  I am also such a daddy's girl that I feel super bad for hima nd I know he'll be crying! I am not a quiet person either ;) but I have a feeling like I will be during the vows! EEEK I knew I was being too hopeful about having most everything done by the end of this weekend !!
    Posted by kaylas16[/QUOTE]

We walked through the vow part twice the night before during rehearsal which helps a lot. Our priest was super funny (ended up not getting hammered!- YAY!) so he made sure we were clear, although I stumble a little the day of because H's ring was tight and therefore hard to get on! But it gives our wedding character and it will to yours too. Wedding can be mundane if they go EXACTLY to plan haha. ;)

Like when we were giving peace to our WP. They kept whispering to him to get closer to me, he said he didn't want to in fear of stepping on my dress, seriously as I was crossing the aisle he stepped on it. LoL no rip but people laughed. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards