Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Problem with Hotel Rooms for Wedding Party

This is my first post, but I've read a lot.  Thanks to everyone that contributes.  This board is absolutely invaluable to anyone planning a destination wedding.

I'm getting married over Labor Day weekend at the Bellagio.  We are paying for our wedding party's hotel rooms.   I would like to use an offer/promo code to get a cheaper rate on the rooms.  However, when I ask to book rooms on behalf of other people, the hotel refers me to "group reservations" who won't honor the promo code and want us to pay a much higher rate.  If I book the rooms individually with the promo rate, I think I will have to show up for the check in of all the rooms to present my credit card.  That is going to be a huge hassle if not nearly impossible.  Has anyone else dealt with this or have any suggestions?

Re: Problem with Hotel Rooms for Wedding Party

• Options
    Sorry I'm no help BUT im getting married labor day weekend too :)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I think you can book them all in your name, and check in for all of them when you get there.  But put them on the reservation.  Well at least I was able to check in, and my DH, then FI, was able to go up to the lost card area and able to show an ID and ask for a new card.  But when I checked in I made sure that he was on the reservation and would be able to get a card.  Just an idea.  But then again that could cause a lot of problems if you have a HUGE wedding party.

ETA:  When I re-read that it didn't make much sense.  I arrived at MB three days prior to DH (then FI), and was not going to be around to meet him to let him in the room and give him a card.  So when he got there he was able to go to the front desk and get a card because he was on the reservation. AND i now realize you are talking the bellagio - but I would think they'd be able to do something similar?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Labor Day Weekend TOOOOO! I'm crashing all your weddings since mine is the Thursday prior...LOL
  • Options
    Book them online with the promo code in their names, or call and say you are them. Should be pretty easy to do.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SD210SD210 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    Elaw12, I remember that Vegasgroom ran into this issue- - he wrote about it on his planning website.  Here it is: clicky

On a separate note, thank you to VG for his awesome database.  Super helpful.
    Also, Elaw, I sent you a PM re: the Bellagio.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    what PP said - Vegasgroom did this exact thing for his peeps and gives you the scoop on how to handle it all - you can do it all over hte phone but you do have to "pretend" to be the people and will have to make the separate calls unfortunatley :)

and yes - thank you vg for your site!!! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yep, please follow the link SD210 posted, it will give you the howto on booking rooms on behalf of your guests.  It's kind of a pain in the ass but it will work.  I booked rooms for all eight of our wedding party and had to do it one phone call at a time, but eventually made it through.  We had a 30% coupon so I wasn't about to pay $70/night more going through group sales at their jacked up rate.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    Elaw12Elaw12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary

Answered my first PM.

Thank you Vegasgroom for the step-by-step instructions and everyone else that pointed out the link.  That will teach me to read through the entire site even if I'm not staying at a particular hotel.  Who knew it would be that complicated to book hotel rooms?  Vegasgroom, I can't even imagine how frustrated you must have been.  You know what they say: No good deed...  Thanks again for the howto.

• Options
    SD210SD210 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    Elaw12, I responded to your PM.  Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Question do you plan to cover the wedding party's entire stay or just wedding day? 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_problem-with-hotel-rooms-for-wedding-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:ebcdb706-9363-46dd-b59f-a9751e016a25Post:be7e2afe-f616-4a3a-8da6-9ef763a8f05d">Re: Problem with Hotel Rooms for Wedding Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Question do you plan to cover the wedding party's entire stay or just wedding day? 
    Posted by futuremrs12[/QUOTE]

We paid for two nights for our wedding party; those that stayed before or after paid the rest.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    Ok...that's what we are thinking too. Thanks!
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_problem-with-hotel-rooms-for-wedding-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:ebcdb706-9363-46dd-b59f-a9751e016a25Post:110aa07e-9cf8-4733-94d4-1fbfd44bdd47">Re: Problem with Hotel Rooms for Wedding Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Problem with Hotel Rooms for Wedding Party : We paid for two nights for our wedding party; those that stayed before or after paid the rest.
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards