September 2013 Weddings
Options

Is this happening to other September 2013 brides???

I just had to post this question/vent because I was so shocked at how many vendors that I am considering are already booked for September 2013!! O-M-G  I got engaged on May 17 and began planning right away.  My FILs came into town from England for 2 weeks which temporarily made me put a pause on things since it was the first time we'd met and I wanted to make sure my free time was open for them. 

This week I got back to planning and some vendors who I'd schduled appointments with for when I knew my schedule would be open are totally booked already!  Wow!  Am I just so out of touch that I should not be surprised at all?  I thought that setting a date and beginning the planning over a year would make it a breeze.  But now I'm beginning to feel a bit nervous and queasy like no matter how fast I do things it isn't fast enough.  Anyone else experiencing this? 

Re: Is this happening to other September 2013 brides???

• Options
    I got engaged in March and started planning right away because I heard that venues/vendors were booking a year and a half out. I had one venue that didn't have our date and one DJ that was booked already. I didn't run into anything as bad as you're describing. I guess you better book things quick! I found theknot to be incredibly helpful with their reviews of vendors so maybe start there? Good luck!
  • Options
    YES!! 
    I actually had to change my date, story is I met with the banquet manager at our venue for a brief 10 minutes to look at the place she promised me my date of 9.21.2013 would be held even without of a deposit since it was such a quick and unplanned meeting, I met with her this past saturday and her manager booked our date, she told me how upset and pissed she was, and then when I called later to speak to her manager she said we should have put a deposit down, luckily I was able to change the rest of vendors.
  • Options
    The date I orginally wanted in Oct 2013 was booked - the only date in OCT booked - but was the date I really wanted. 
    I am holding my breath right now trying to iron out last minute contract questions so that I can get my date for Sept 28, 2013 now instead but so afraid that all my questions are going to cause me to lose my date because someone else will sign and put a deposit down for that date before I can

I haven't gotten to the DJ and videographer and stuff yet - need my venue first :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I had heard things book a year out so when I got engaged in Feb and wanted a Sept 2013 wedding I thought I had all the time in the world... not true!  The reception venues were where we had the most trouble, the good places were booked about 18-24 months out but we lucked out and our top pick had 1 (just ONE) date left for Sept 2013 so we took it.  I have also booked my baker and photographer and didn't have any issue with availability there.  We are meeting DJs next week and they are starting to get booked. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The church AND venue were both booked for September 14th, the date we originally wanted.  Both were open the following weekend so I'm going to be a September 21st bride!  Last day of summer :-)

Things book fast.  I was really surprised.  However, I don't think every single photgrapher is going to be booked a year and a half out.  You might not get your first choice, but hopefully you'll get your second (or third).  I keep telling myself some women do this all in less than a year...
  • Options
    Wow.  It seems that the only way to ensure that you get first choice on everything is to have a 2 year engagement.  I'm September 21, 2013 too.  And I cannot believe that people have had to change their dates this far ahead of time!

@ajr2011 to be told on the one hand that you didn't need to put a deposit down right away and then to be told that sorry but you should have put one down must have caused you to be boiling hot on the inside with steam coming out of your ears while I'm sure staying calm on the outside.  Yell 

I know some brides pull things together in a few weeks but I'm too detailed to move that fast.  It really helps to know that I'm not alone in this.  Thanks knotties!
  • Options
    <div>My parents were actually more upset than I was, I was just heart broken. And the 14th one of my bridesmaids friend is getting married, and hasn't announced her bridal party yet, so I didn't want to cause conflict then, and the 7 my fiance is going to be out of town. I stayed very calm, I thought I was gonna go bridezilla!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_is-this-happening-to-other-september-2013-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:fd9500df-7aad-438d-b2c9-5056fbe03f6cPost:1e18265e-7940-47da-94ed-0242aa92a983">Re: Is this happening to other September 2013 brides???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow.  It seems that the only way to ensure that you get first choice on everything is to have a 2 year engagement.  I'm September 21, 2013 too.  And I cannot believe that people have had to change their dates this far ahead of time! @ajr2011 to be told on the one hand that you didn't need to put a deposit down right away and then to be told that sorry but you should have put one down must have caused you to be boiling hot on the inside with steam coming out of your ears while I'm sure staying calm on the outside.    I know some brides pull things together in a few weeks but I'm too detailed to move that fast.  It really helps to know that I'm not alone in this.  Thanks knotties!
    Posted by zantster[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Wow! I'm sorry ladies, my Fi asked my dad for permission to take my hand got the ok and asked me the next night (Tuesday), I called my mom told her the news and then called my dad and told him. He wanted to come up to my house and go to dinner that Friday. As soon as I saw my dad he tells me I called all the family and every thing is ready to go. Lol. My dad knew that I wanted to get married on Molokai Hawaii. I'm not running into this problem thank goodness I think I would become a bridezilla and be ripping my hair out. Good luck ladies and I hope you don't run into anymore problems.
    He stole my heart... So I'm stealing his last name.
  • Options

I became engaged on Mother's Day of this year and started planning, eventhough I already had a idea of where I wanted the reception and ceremony at. I'm sooooo worried because I got quotes, but I know nothing can't get secured until a deposit is put in place. I'm trying to have my wedding on September 7th. My mind is everyhere LOL. So goodluck to everybody that is going through the same thing, and throw some luck my way also :)

• Options
    Our original date of 9/7/13 had already been booked by another couple when we went to see the place in October of 2011.  Craaazy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards