Rhode Island

A tale of two florists: Whole Foods &...

To cut delivery and set up cost has anyone ever considered using two different florists for their wedding? We are having two weddings in one day, our traditional Cambodian-Chinese wedding starts in the morning  and our "Western" wedding starts in the evening. Both weddings take place in two different locations at different times so we understand why delivery fee is on the high side but with our shoe string flower budget, I'd like to save the $300+ on something else.

I want to have a local florist handle the very specific and detail requests I have for our personal flowers (including the floral garlands that are similar to Hawaiian leis) and the floral ceremony arrangements for our Cambodian-Chinese wedding. Preferably someone in the Providence area (where we are getting ready) or in Fall River (where the Cambodian-Chinese wedding is held). We can have our DOC pick up the flowers or have them delivered for a small fee.

I would have say Whole Foods handle our reception flowers because I know they are way less expensive than the boutique florists but still deliver quality freshness buying from tons of local growers. I want 18 centerpieces and dozen cut peonies and roses for decor purpose. I've read a few rave reviews from the Whole Foods in Cranston. I just want to know 
1. if they deliver to Newport
2. if the delivery fee is high
3. How well is their execution? I have a pretty specifc concept in mind including flower preference and style.
4. Who is the best person to contact or speak to? Name drop please.

Thanks! And I apologize for the long post.

Re: A tale of two florists: Whole Foods &...

• edited December 2011
    I used the Whole foods in Providence and they did an absolutely amazing job!  I didn't have delivery, but had someone pick up the flowers they were ready at 8am.  My wedding was in Newport and they would have delivered, but I didn't ask for a price.

I worked with Sherry - she is an absolute dream and the flowers were really perfect, I had her special order some flowers for my bouquet.  She also just got married in the beginning of October so she is very receptive to brides!

Anything else you need let me know!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • KBinRIKBinRI member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to the Garden City location and worked with Sarah and Karen. I had my husband pick them up that morning - it was just bouquets and bouts - so I can't speak to delivery, but they did a great job on a day's notice (not sure if you recall my flower debacle) so I can only imagine what they could do if they had proper notice!

I'd call and ask for Karen; she seemed to be the most experienced of the three; Sarah was great but seemed to be learning how to write up the orders, etc.
    Kristen and Bryan ~ 10-10-10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I will definitely inquire at both places and see if they offer reasonable shipping rates.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards