Utah

Great Find for a Wedding Dress!

Hey everybody!

I am getting married in Phoenix; however, I am currently living in Utah and was able to find my wedding dress up here.  Even though I am not apart of this message board I just wanted to share with you all the place where I got my dress... It was not only an amazing (amazing price!) but also one of the best wedding dress experiences you could ask for.

Her name is Joan Astle and she sells wholesale couture wedding dresses in Park City (basically inside the Canyons resort).  Her number is 435-640-2014.

At first I was a little nervous about going to her, but she was booked with appointments for two months! She has so many dresses and meets with one person at a time.  I met with her for three hours and she made it such a lovely experience.  I would rate this experience an A+ and I found the perfect wedding dress for $500.00. 

Re: Great Find for a Wedding Dress!

• edited December 2011
    I also bought my dress from Joan as well...she was very helpful  but i just have one tip for anyone that goes to her. Really check out your dress thoroughly before you commit to buy. I made that mistake and didnt really check out everything (the seams, the zipper, the closures, the beading etc). After I got my dress home and tried it on again for a family friend, she pointed out that the zipper and one of the back seams was really coming unstitched! All of this I didnt notice because you really dont handle any of the dresses, you just stand there and literally dive in and out of any dress she brings in. She fastens everything, ties everything and zips you up. I had to really chat with her to get her to refund part of my money so i could get repairs done on my dress. 

She is very friendly though and her prices are awesome but just beware and really check your stuff before you hand over your money as they are final sale dresses.
  • edited December 2011
    That is really good to know too! Thanks for posting... And good luck with all the wedding preparations!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow! Great to know!  Thank you!!!
  • redrocksgirlredrocksgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone bought a dress from Joan lately? Is she still around and does she have good stock still?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards