New Jersey - South

dress shopping

I have no idea where to start with wedding dress shopping. Budget wise I don't want to spend more than $2000 but would like to be as close to $1000 as possible. I live in Mt Royal (south of Cherry Hill). I have no idea where to start shopping. I have looked online at tons of pictures but the pictures are starting to all blend together. Any help or feedback on where to go or where not to go would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: dress shopping

• Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    There are several David's Bridal locations throughout South Jersey where you can begin your search.  They have a great selection of dresses at all different price points.
  • shannon1787shannon1787 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could try various small botiques as well.  I used Lily Bridal in Washingtown Township and my dress was under the 1,000 mark - not too far from you either.

Weddingwire is a great site too.  It gives you a list of places in your area as well as reviews from other brides. It is a great place to start the search of where you would like to go.

Here is the link for dress shops near Mt. Royal >>click<<

HTH!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Try your luck at David's. I went there and 2 smaller boutiques. I loved a dress at David's and the only other dress I liked at a smaller boutique was basically the designer version of the dress at Davids--- and 3 times the price. I ended up paying only $750
  • PHughes819PHughes819 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in West Deptford and getting married in May- I have so far looked at the Alfred Angelo store in Cherry Hill at the old racetrack shopping center.  Next week I am going to look at Claire's in Wilmington, DE which is probably the same distance as going to Cherry Hill from down here.
  • edited December 2011
    I used Irma's in Cherry HIll. I went to a few other boutiques and Davids Bridal too. Irma's was much cheaper than the other boutiques (one Justin Alexander dress I liked was $950 at her store & $1500 at another in Haddonfield!!!) but still had gorgeous, nice quality dresses. I ended up getting a shantung silk Mori Lee dress (which tend to be on the less expensive side of dress designers) for $1000.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • teacup0618teacup0618 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haddonfield has a few dress boutiques. I got mine at angel bridal but theres also jay west and a few others in that area.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for all the suggestions! I will look into them all!
  • edited December 2011
    I visited Jay West in Haddonfield but I bought my dress at The Perfect Dress in Lawrenceville. I paid $1100 which was a few hundred less than they quoted me at Jay West. I also visited a few stores farther north but those 2 are the closest to you. 

Sometimes it's easier to find some designers that you like and then use the store locator on their websites. Read reviews before you go though. That's how I picked the stores I went to. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October 2012 Siggy: The Dress
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • edited December 2011
    My MOH got her wedding dress (a Maggie Sotero) at Irma's in Cherry Hill and I loved her dress so it insprired me to look on Maggie's website and that is where I found my dress and I got mine at Irma's too. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • TaraLeah3776TaraLeah3776 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Jay West in Haddonfield and they seemed pretty reasonable.  Also got my BM dresses at Alfred Angelo in CH and they had some pretty dresses there too.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I've purchased my dress at Macy's Bridal in the Cherry Hill Mall.  We went on the weekend of a trunk show, which they have semi-frequently, and got 15% off the dress.  All of their dresses are by Demetrios.  My friend previously had bought her dress their and she had a ballgown with lots of beading and ruching and it cost her under $1300, she had told me.  My dress is just under $1100.  Also, the ladies are very nice there too!

And from my bridesmaid experiences, the Haddonfield bridal stores are usually a bit more than most other stores. 
  • kellyrose6kellyrose6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kay Bridal in Maple Shade has been wonderful!  great payment plans too!
  • edited December 2011
    If you're willing to cross the bridge and come to Philly, check out The Sample Rack at 918 Pine Street.  http://thesamplerackpa.com/ I went there this week and they had really nice dresses definitely in your budget. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards