Snarky Brides
Options

Movies, the ones that make you scream

I see we slightly touched on Paranormal Activity in a earlier post. Can we elaborate on this movie because I thought it was the shiz! A bunch of my friends hated it but I almost peed my pants. I ran to my car after walking out of the movie theater. As soon as I got home I had to do some research on it to put my mind at rest.

How did you like it  (if you have seen it)?
If you didn't see it, would you want to?
Do you think the second one will be as good? Or as bad?
Are you one of those people that scream out-loud in the theater?
What is your favorite scary movie?
Are you a suspense or a horror person?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Movies, the ones that make you scream

• Options
    I thought it was scary. Ghost/supernatural stuff scares me way more than gore or slasher flicks.
    I  have told myself I'm not allowed to see the second one, but I'm sure I'll cave.

I don't go to movie theatres, but I do scream from my couch.

I don't like suspense. I am stressed enough without a suspense movie. I looove horror though.
  • Options
    I didn't see the theatrical version until after it came out on DVD and found those endings lame. They should have kept the original. It gives me chills thinking about it. I freaked myself out thinking about it last night and reaaaally did not want to get up to use the bathroom.

How did you like it  (if you have seen it)? First part was dull and then it got good..and then I was scared shiitless
    Do you think the second one will be as good? Or as bad? Based on every other friggen sequel, I have a feeling it will disappoint me. The trailers look creepy though!
    Are you one of those people that scream out-loud in the theater? No but I jump
    What is your favorite scary movie? I've seen so many I can't actually think of one. I watch Sixth Sense every halloween.
    Are you a suspense or a horror person? It depends on my mood. Lately, I've been extremely disappointed with horror movies. Paranormal is the first one to freak me out in a loooong time.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It scared the shiit out of me. We regretably watched it on the internet and my computer is across the room from our bed so we laid there watching it (which was too scarily similar to the set up of the movie). The ghost/deamon stuff scared me because it was scary and because weird things have happened in the house we live in when I was a teenager and it reminded me of them. I was terrified afterwards, I didnt fall asleep until 4 am because I was listening for every sound of a possible ghost moving around in the house and for weeks after I had trouble sleeping or being at home at night alone. Uuugh.

I dont like jump out and startle you movies, I prefer things you cant see and you have to use your imagination. Your imagination is far scarier than animation.
  • Options
    Last Exorcism disappointed me. Because it was Eli Roth, I expected much, much more from it. I didn't expect to be scared from it, but I expected more from it. It was a good story just meh. It was hyped more than it was worth.

I've watched the Cell in 2000. I don't really remember it but I remember not liking it. I was also 10 soooo maybe I should watch it again. I started watching horror movies really young and they've never scared me. However, I was completely scared of Jurassic Park when I was a kid when everyone else was like OMG!!11!!. I thought dinosaurs were  gonna raid my town and eat me. O.o

The Grudge freaked the shiit out of me too. But only because at the end when ghost lady thing is like crawling around in a bag or whatever and her head goes down the frame of the door. That bothered me, it didn't actually scare me just...bothered me. Signs scared me when the alien in on the roof when he turns over on his bed.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My favorite horror movie is The Shining. All time favorite.
  • Options
    The only part that scared me  was the very end.  I saw it long after it came out on DVD and was excited because of all the hype it got.  But for me, it just didn't live up to the hype.  
  • Options
    I haven't seen it.  I've heard that it's awesome and I've heard that is sucks.  I think it's in my netflix.  As far as horror vs suspense I'm much more interested in something like Mr. Brooks over something popping out at the screen for jumps.
  • Options
    How did you like it  (if you have seen it)? I thought it was pretty decent. It had some "jumpy" moments; even seeing it at home.

If you didn't see it, would you want to? N/A

Do you think the second one will be as good? Or as bad? It has potential

Are you one of those people that scream out-loud in the theater? It is very rare, but it's happened. Mostly when I was younger.

What is your favorite scary movie?  Halloween. Original one. Halloween H20. I actually really liked the remake of My Bloody Valentine in 3D, too.

Are you a suspense or a horror person? Both - depends on my mood.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Actually, I change my answer to K Byte's answer, except I haven't seen The Cell but heard it was good.
  • Options
    I'm a huge wimp...i watched The Ring through a sweatshirt that i was hiding behind...but I didn't think Paranormal Activity was scary at all. Not even a little bit.
  • Options
    How did you like it  (if you have seen it)?
    If you didn't see it, would you want to?Have not seen it but want to.
    Do you think the second one will be as good? Or as bad?Bad
    Are you one of those people that scream out-loud in the theater?No, I cover my eyes a lot though and jump!
    What is your favorite scary movie? Hmmm this is tough. Maybe 13 Ghosts or 30 Days of Night
    Are you a suspense or a horror person?HORROR!
  • Options
    I have yet to watch The Ring, or any of them with little dead girls with hair hanging over their face.
     And anything with contorted bodies freaks me out.
       Like the crab walk part of The Exorcist. *shudder*
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_movies-ones-scream?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7ae05572-f5ab-43e2-b4e3-7310e2863b00Post:52e10d04-4141-491b-a079-4d2ad4bb01a3">Re: Movies, the ones that make you scream</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't like a lot of horror movies because the tame ones like The Ring, etc. put me to sleep and the really gory ones like Saw, Hostel, etc. aren't even scary they're just gory and they don't have a good plot. HOWEVER, for anyone who likes some gore (definitely NOT PG13!!) as well as a really interesting storyline and great visuals you should watch The Cell, it's an older movie from maybe 2000 or so. It's one of my all time favorites in terms of the horror/sci-fi genre.
    Posted by K Byte[/QUOTE]

I love The Cell! I love gore as well though.
  • Options
    How did you like it  (if you have seen it)? I dug it.  I like movies that slowly build like that.  And I'm fascinated with ghosts.
    If you didn't see it, would you want to?
    Do you think the second one will be as good? Or as bad? I hope it's just as good, if not better :) I CANT WAIT!
    Are you one of those people that scream out-loud in the theater? No, usually I'm a gasper.  But the last horror flick we saw - the new Nightmare on Elm Street - Ben and I laughed our asses off the entire time.  The girls next to us were freaking out.  It was hilariously awesome.
    What is your favorite scary movie? Remember the Scream series :) Those were actually pretty terrible but my friends and I all loved them.  I can't wait for Scream 4 next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
    Are you a suspense or a horror person? Horror is fun but suspense thrillers are pretty awesome.  I wouldn't really call Paranormal Activity a horror movie - that was definitely a thriller.
    panther
  • Options
    Does the Cell have Jennifer Lopez in it? Or am I thinking of something totally different.
  • Options
    When I was 20 I spent 2 straight days on E with my roomate and boyfriend and they talked me into going to see that exorcist beginnings movie where its like out in the desert or something. It scared the piss out of me and when we got home we smoked a joint. Between that and being totally strung out because of the E, I got all loopy. My boyfriend and roomate started staring at me and chanting and acting like I was possessed and they were exorcising me. I got so scared I started bawling my eyes out.

Since that day I hate hate hate movies about possession more than anything.
  • Options

Hey Nebb, my English assignment for Wednesday is to write a zombie attack plan. Only me and three other students already have one.
     And it made me think of you, haha.

• Options
    I think zombie plans are just good business - a zombie attack may never happen, but if it DOES that is not the time you want to come up with a plan on the fly. Its something you want to be prepared for.

Can I hear yours?
  • Options
    We need to to a ghost thread but NOT UNTIL FRIDAY WHEN I AM HERE HOARS!
  • Options
    Yes.
     We have a few guns, so we would grab guns/bullets and throw them in the gun bag. I also have two bags of meds. We take those and the animals in the truck and hold out in a big store nearby. Family would meet us at said store, I've informed them of the plan.

It is all concrete and only has two glass doors. It is one of those mega stores that has everything. Barricade those two doors. Gather supplies. There is even a tree house, which we would sleep in just in case. Thelre is also a gas station at the store.  If the virus is aireborn, we would stay there.

If the virus is only transferred through blood, we could radio out to other survivors in the area.

We also have the advantage of a small population. Hopefully, we woulyd be aware of the issue and on our way before any neighbors tried to kill us.
  • Options
    And I'm also open to suggestions and criticism, btw.
  • Options
    Nightmare on Elm Street an "oldie." Haha.

Psycho. The Birds. The Shining. The original Friday the 13th. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (NOT Jessica Biel's version). The Fog. Terror Train. Jaws. Amityville Horror (Margot Kidder and James Brolin). Black Christmas (Margot Kidder). Prom Night (Jamie Lee Curtis). original My Bloody Valentine.

THESE are old school!!

Good newer ones:  Final Destination series, Screams, remake of My Bloody Valentine, Saw series, The Ring, Vacancy, and I know I'm forgetting a LOT. Help me out, Ang.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options

I think I'm late to this, but I'm bored so....

How did you like it  (if you have seen it)? I liked it. It wasn't as scary as I thought, but it was definitely different than the usual gorey, stuff jumping out movies as of late.

If you didn't see it, would you want to? n/a

Do you think the second one will be as good? Or as bad? Eh. Sequels are rarely as good, so I doubt it. I hope it is pretty good though, because I am going to see it lol.

Are you one of those people that scream out-loud in the theater? Definitely not. And I dislike those that do, because I can see jumping, but not screaming, over a movie.

What is your favorite scary movie? Friday the 13th. The original for sure, and the first few after that. I watch them every Friday the 13th, and have a marathon of most of them on Halloween. Love the total sense of being alone, in the woods, that the movies portray. And they are pretty much on their own to survive, no help or overly gory scenes.

Are you a suspense or a horror person? Both. I don't like suspense where it's a constant waiting-for-something-to-jump-out thing. A little suspense is good though for a movie, though. I definitely like horror too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards