Nevada-Las Vegas

Having a tough time with

Figuring out who I want to go with for the reception.  I know I have time to figure it out, but trying to get a handle on things before time starts to fly.   

I'm torn between Lawrys and Trevi. 

I need past brides/current brides experiences for either one.  I have not been there to scope either of them out so I'm hoping the board can help.

Or if anyone has suggestions of other places, I'm open to hear them.  Don't have a count yet on # of guests, but maybe 65 /> 

TIA 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Having a tough time with

• edited December 2011
    One thing to note with Trevi is that it is located in the middle of the Forum Shops.  That means that you would need to provide a map or detailed directions to your guests for walking there (unless you all go as a group, I suppose).

Trevi was one of my final choices for reception venue, and I can't wait to actually eat there sometime, but I can't blame you for having a difficult time choosing after seeing the reviews for Lawry's lately!

I dont know if that helps or not, just something extra you might not have considered.
  • Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met with Michelle with Trevi while I was there, she seemed really nice and I loved the look of the place, however, unless you book out the entire room, top floor, you could possibly have another smaller party in the same room, so not sure if that would bother you or not.  The other thing I didn't like is the fountains seemed soooo loud, not sure how music would really work unless you had a DJ.  I loved the atmosphere of the place though.  I'm sure Aegrish can give you more info on it...

Another place I would recommend is Grand Lux Cafe in the Venetian, Rich was soooo helpful, the room is really pretty, the food was fantastic and their prices are pretty good too.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Diamond - I'm glad you posted this, because I am in somewhat of a similar situation.  I'm not getting married until next year, and I'm guessing my guest count will be 50-70.  I've been looking into Trevi, because I love the look of the restaurant, and Michelle has promptly responded to my emails.  Where is your ceremony taking place?
    76 invited image 35 ready to partyimage 41 staying homeimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    SARA191431--I have been in touch with Aegrish and she has been helpful.  Once I get word from my FI family on the date then I can start booking.  The date might be when his brother is graduating high school so we are waiting to hear back if it is a GO or not.  I have not booked anything since I don't know the date.  *sigh*  I'll have to ask and see if there is a fee to rent out the space upstairs.  Thanks

AESULLINS--Once I get word on the date we are booking at CP Juno Garden!  I am SO excited and can't wait to get married there.  I have seen enough pictures to know THIS IS THE VENUE.  Laughing  It is the newest venue to CP and was 1 year old in Oct 2010.  I don't feel I would have to go down there to see it in person, but the FI and I are going to try our best to get to Vegas and scope things out.  Have you decided on where you are getting married?  If you come across ANY reception sites please let me know (if you don't mind) and I will do the same.     
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I think I've narrowed down my ceremony locations to CP's Juno Garden, the Flamingo Gazebo Chapel, and Mandalay Bay Valley of the Falls, although CP's and Flamingo's packages seem to be a better deal.  We plan to do a scouting trip in August, so I'm just trying to gather as much information as I can right now--same as you. 

I know someone who did an informal reception at Margaritaville and heard it was great, but it sounds like you are going a little more formal.  I will definitely let you know if I come across other locations that might be an option for you. :)   

76 invited image 35 ready to partyimage 41 staying homeimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at TREVI,  Michelle has been great, she basically made a custom menu and was really accomodating.  We wanted 2 options form one menu choice and 1 option from another and then we added a soup and a appitizer...blah blah.  Lots of changes, LOL.  She has been VERY easy to work with and someone mentioned music above since the forum shops are loub\d, we are renting speakers and a mic from Michelle and her speakers hook up to an IPOD so were just going to make a playlist.  I'm partial to TREVI for now...I'll let ya know when we get back...In June, ;)
  • iamsyfyiamsyfy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are alot of reviews for Lawry's on Weddingwire.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards