Canada-Ontario
Options

June Toronto = G8

did you read about this in the Star today.  Due to the G8 and some of the fencing, security, etc - some brides were told they had to move their wedding to another church.  can you imagine?

Re: June Toronto = G8

• Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh man, that would suck.  I'd be pretty upset!
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    rktorkto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the bride in question found another church but imagine finding that out with just a few months to go?
    I am anxious enough that the G8 fence may mean I have to go thru security to get to work every day... that is annoying enough.  But ruin my wedding?
  • Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There was a venue I was looking at for the ceremony, but it was really close to where the Nascar races were going to be held around the same time, so I didn't want to risk it.  I'd hate to find out something like that so close to the wedding though.  And what if you'd already printed your invites?

(BTW, I love your icon.  I'm a Pens fan too. :D)
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    LevenahLevenah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Toronto Argonaut Rowing Club, which is right near ontario place. I was really worried when I heard that G8 was going to be held the week of my wedding. However we moved our wedding until next year so it's okay now.

I do feel bad though for anyone who will have to deal with the headache that will come sitting in all the traffic downtown during it. It's going to be a nightmare.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know I would totally FREAK OUT.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards