Getting in Shape
Options

Sensa

Anyone Ever tried sensa or know someone who has? Good or bad?

Re: Sensa

• Options
    I haven't tried it but the person that wrote the article below says what I'd say but better.

http://www.thefitshack.com/2008/06/19/the-sprinkle-diet-5-reasons-it-wont-work/
  • Options
    I've never tried Sensa specifically, but I did try a similar product recently - I would echo everything in the article Robot posted.  It did help me manage actual physical hunger (I stayed full for longer), but did absolutely nothing for the psychological components of eating - I still wanted candy when I was bored, I was still dying for a piece of carrot cake at lunch because it looked amazing, etc.  Also, it made no recommendations for proper nutrition or an exercise plan, which is bad.  (I happen to have pretty decent knowledge of proper diet and exercise techniques, so it wasn't a problem for me, but if you're starting from square one, it's bad). 

Overall, I'd say products like this are only potentially useful if you are someone who (a) already knows lots about good nutrition and exercise; and (b) only overeats because of physical hunger, and there is no psychological component to your eating.  Otherwise, it won't get to the root of your weight problems, and isn't a long-term solution.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards