Florida-Central Florida
Options

DOC?

Are you using one/did you use one? Was it a worthwhile expense? For those who didn't use one, were you happy with that decision, or do you wish you'd had one?

I feel like it would be a good idea to have a DOC so that I don't have to handle last-minute decisions or catastrophes or whatever, but FI doesn't see the point. He feels that since we're hiring great vendors, they won't screw up and leave us hanging, and he feels like he can handle being the point person on the wedding day since no one's going to mess us up and we won't need an expert to handle any mishaps. ???

I'd rather have someone to boss everyone around and keep an eye on the weird cousin who makes people uncomfortable and stuff like that. (He's really creepy, but I guess I can't just not invite one member of my family.) So I'm trying to convince FI that someone besides us should handle stuff like that, but the price tag is a major inhibitor.

I've been encouraged to talk to Ashlie Hampton (?) - Debbie from DSR's daughter, but I was quoted $750 for her DOC services and that's a lot to swallow. If it were more like $400 I might be able to convince FI. I also found someone named Susie Weiss from Wonderful Weddings and another lady named Christal Feldman from SunSational Events, so I guess I'll find out what their prices are. Any other recs?

Discuss! :)

Re: DOC?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I decided to hire one.  I hired Blush.  My DJ recommended them.  I didn't want to be stressed out on my wedding day.  I like the idea of someone running the show.  The nice thing about Blush's DOC package is that they take over 6 weeks out and work with your vendors to create a timeline for the day.  I have a feeling I will be happy that I decided to hire a DOC Smile 
  • Options
    adarlingztaadarlingzta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    call/email A and ask for other recs in the price point. I am sure she will be able to help you. 

If B doesnt let you hire one, tell him creepy cousin will be sure to latch on to him all day. 
  • Options
    andee1353andee1353 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YES Yes and Yes!!
    We are using Kristy Rapp (http://www.kristyrappevents.com/about.htm) she is so organized and full of thoughts it is unreal. Her price is wonderfull.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    See, that's just the problem - he's not gonna have the patience to deal with creepy cousin that day. He gets all flustered if he thinks we're holding up/bothering people behind us in line, can you imagine how he'd be if cuz was acting out in front of everyone we know? He could handle stuff going wrong before the ceremony, but not stuff during the reception, IMO. I'll talk to A, thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG Andee you weren't kidding about Kristy Rapp's rates! I think I could completely convince FI for her prices! Thanks for the rec!
    (I think I saw another Knottie's wedding in her blog... Kim? I swear I've seen those bouquets and gorgeous tattoos before.)
  • Options
    andee1353andee1353 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, it was Kim. Kristy showed me pics of her day...it was beautiful!
  • Options
    amyers321amyers321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lots of Knotties have used...are using Kristy as well as the others mentioned. Kristy fit our price range and we met with her and loved her so we booked her.
    She has been a huge blessing with a lot of the little things we had left(because we had already booked everything when we booked her) and she is so organized you cannot help but stay organized along with her.
    Plus she is SUPER sweet. :)
    I am sure other knotties will say the same about the other DOC's they've used and I've heard a lot of wonderful things about Ashlie and other DOC's. It's about what fits your budget though :)
    I highly recommend Kristy... :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards