Favors

Candy or Cookies?

Hi there,

FI and I had originally planned on doing a candy bar as our favour, but we're on a really tight budget and there aren't a lot of places near us to get bulk candy at affordable prices. 

I LOVE to bake and had an epiphany this morning...  Do you all think it would be alright to bake a bunch of batches of homemade cookies and put those in the jars instead?  Then people could take a few of each flavour and it'd be a lot more personal.

It'll definitely help cut down on costs and I find baking relaxing, so it'll help with nerves in the days leading up to the wedding as well :P

Our wedding is casual and informal, with the ceremony taking place outside and the reception in a big beautiful barn.  The cookies seem to fit better with the "rustic casual theme."

Thoughts?  

ETA: I know it seems like my mind is totally made up in my post.  I just wanted to hear other opinions because I've never been to a wedding with homemade cookies as the favour.   Which makes me feel like there must be a reason why it's not a popular option?
~*June 2013 Sig Challenge: Our Cake*~
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Candy or Cookies?

• I've seen lots of homemade favors - never cookies, but why not? I've seen jams and jellies, M&M's and other candies. You have quite a bit of time until your wedding though, so I wouldn't stress about that detail yet :) If baking relaxes you then it definitely sounds like a good idea.
  • PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I think that's a great idea.  And if you're on a budget, I would skip the cookie buffet, and just package a couple of cookies in a cello bag.  That way you don't need to purchase jars for the cookies, tongs, etc.  You also won't need to bake as many cookies, since you'll be controlling the portion each person gets.
  • My mom is makinig small cookies for our favors; right now I'm looking for something to put them in.

Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength, and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend. - Andrew Futral

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards