Missouri-St Louis

Catholic Churches

Any suggestions for pretty Catholic Churches- both of ours are very plain and the church I always had my hear set on (the Old Cathdral) wont allow pictures except for during the cermony. 
Thanks!

Re: Catholic Churches

• edited December 2011
    I love St. Cecilia's in South City- LONG aisle, beautiful stained glass, and an amazing organ.
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    Oh there are so many. Go to http://archstl.org/parishes and they show all churches in the St. Louis area.

Some of my favorites are The Old Cathedral, Church of the Annunziata, Saint Dominic Savio (a newer church but seriously pretty on the inside), St. James the Greater, St. Michael in Shrewsbury, St. Genevieve du Bois, and St. Charles Borromeo.
  • stargrly85stargrly85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think st frances de sales on gravois is beautiful! I went to st cecilias for grade school  so im partial to that one also it is very beautiful
  • edited December 2011
    What part of the city are wanting to have the ceremony in?  Then we can limit our recommendations to what might actually work for you.
  • rweiss07rweiss07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we are looking more downtown, since that was the original plan and close to the reception halls we are looking into - thanks I will check out all those tips!
  • edited December 2011
    There is the historic catholic church downtown under the arch, it is beautiful and you can do weddings there...
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_catholic-churches?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:87Discussion:d23178b8-8286-42ac-afe7-a8a1507c5cb1Post:6256f755-afc2-4583-942d-74667e5f454e">Re: Catholic Churches</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is the historic catholic church downtown under the arch, it is beautiful and you can do weddings there...
    Posted by fam6[/QUOTE]

<div>That is the Old Cathedral, which doesn't allow pictures except for during the ceremony.</div>
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    What about Saint Francis Xavier College Church? It is absolutely gorgeous inside, and they do MANY weddings.
  • oceangirl06oceangirl06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love St. Francis Xavier chuch. It's on the St. Louis University campus near the Fox theater (which makes for good pictures also!) Also there is the Shrine of St. Joseph on North 11th street. These are some of my favorites!
    Good Luck!
  • auriannaaurianna member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Shrine of St. Joseph in January. It's gorgeous. Stained glass, big pillars, lots of statues, carvings, super high ceilings...
    You'd think I'd know about the pictures, but I really don't. If I recall, no one but the official photographer can take pictures during the mass. But I think pictures can be taken after. But I think we only get an hour in there besides the mass? We're doing a lot of our pictures at the City Garden prior to the wedding. Call them and find out. :)

• edited December 2011
    My friend got married in the Old Cathedral, and even though they only allow pictures during the ceremony, it still amounted to A LOT of pictures in the church.  And the pics where the photographer was on the second floor looking down were absolutely stunning! Seriously, they were the prettiest ceremony photos I've seen.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards