Not Engaged Yet

I'm going to work today, no really, I am!

Or, maybe not.

So, I just got my flu shot and the nurse told me all about how I need a whooping cough vaccine. Of course my first reaction was that I'm not a 18th century toddler, but apparently, since kids aren't being vaccinated anymore (though the choice of the parents), it's made a return. So adults are starting to get it too and everyone needs a booster. How weird is that?

On an unrelated note, we booked Mardi Gras flights last weekend, so I'm looking for a dress to wear to this black tie event we are going to. Of these, which would you choose:
A. Black one shoulder (me from a few years ago)

B. Blue A-line (already own, but can't find a full length pic)

C. Red and sparkles (not me, gown listed on craigslist)

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"

Re: I'm going to work today, no really, I am!

• I love that black dress on you! 

• I love the blue dress!!! So pretty. I've heard they are making people(adults) get the whopping cough vaccine again. 

Anniversary

• I loooove the black dress on you, but I bet so many people will be in black, and I bet you'd look awesome in that blue dress too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I love the blue!
    I french with my man
  • edited September 2012
    I love the blue or red for a Mardi Gras black tie event, but I voted for the blue.

I need to get a flu shot this year.  I don't know if I've ever had the flu, but I don't trust people on the subway to cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze around me, or to have washed their hands thoroughly.  It really pisses me off that we as adults need a pertussis vaccine because idiot parents won't immunize their children.  I think it's ridiculous that parents really think it's okay to not vaccinate their children.  /ragey thoughts of a soon-to-be epidemiologist.  
  • I LOVE that black dress. LOVE.

*******************************************************************************************

• I like the black dress the best. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks! I love the black dress, but I'm worried it won't really stand out at mardi gras because it's such a plan color. Then again, with beads, it should still get lots of colors, right?
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-going-to-work-today-no-really-i-am?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5b6ad9f6-dabb-43b7-8bbb-163b07bc646aPost:87a42d11-090e-48ac-8f4d-ba95b1aaeffc">Re: I'm going to work today, no really, I am!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love the blue or red for a Mardi Gras black tie event, but I voted for the blue. I need to get a flu shot this year.  I don't know if I've ever had the flu, but I don't trust people on the subway to cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze around me, or to have washed their hands thoroughly.  <strong>It really pisses me off that we as adults need a pertussis vaccine because idiot parents won't immunize their children.  I think it's ridiculous that parents really think it's okay to not vaccinate their children</strong>.  /ragey thoughts of a soon-to-be epidemiologist.  
    Posted by K Everdeen12[/QUOTE]

100% this. The woman I work with is against vaccinations and however horrible it may sound that fact alone makes me question her intelligence.

But that is beside the point - the blue dress is gorgeous!

• I love the black dress. 

Don't get me started on idiots who don't vaccinate their children. It pisses me off to no end.
  • I love the blue dress the color really pops.

Uhg so glad I cant get most vaccines anymore, but just makes me mad that those who can dont.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • I love the black dress on you, but I love the blue one too. Not a fan of the red though.

As for vaccinating your children, I really wish it wasn't optional because as we are now seeing, not doing it creates a public health concern. There's just no excuse for not doing it, as far as I'm concerned.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards