Oklahoma

Looking for a church

Hey ladies, I need some help finding a church. We're planning on having the reception in bricktown so I'd like to find a church relatively close. I'm imagining something with beautiful stained glass windows, more traditional. The few churches I've found on-line are more like big box mega churches and they have no character plus my 100 ppl aren't going to fill 1/10 of the space. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Looking for a church

• edited December 2011
    Have you tried oldtrinityofpaseo.com? I'm biased, because that's who we're using, but it's a beautiful little chapel with stained glass and it holds about 100 people...plus the people there are super friendly.

ETA: It's about 10 min from Bricktown. I'd love to give you other options but I'm not super familiar with the area, so hopefully others will help as well!
    Anniversary
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Cocktail:White Russian
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We're using St. Luke's (nw 15th and Robinson). They have a smaller chapel area.

Wait! Better idea! Look at 1st Baptist! It's darling and I was going to use it except it was too small and didn't have a nice reception hall.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using First Church in bricktown. $1500 if your not a member.
  • edited December 2011
    I think the First Unitarian Church on 13th is absolutely beautiful.  I have been in a wedding there, and if it weren't for that, probably would have chosen it.  I don't think it's very expensive, and it's very close to everything downtown.  It has beautiful tall windows, but I'm not sure if they are stained glass. 
    Photobucket
    December PS Sig Challenge - RINGS! Anniversary
  • JustGLAMOURJustGLAMOUR member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $1000 at First Baptist of OKC for nonmembers for a wedding. The chapel seats 200 or 250. I can't remember off the top of my head. It has stained glass and beautiful hardwood detail. I'm a member at FB of OKC so I feel a little biased but I know overall it's beautiful and I can't wait to get married there! :) I have pictures of the inside of the chapel if you would be interested in seeing them. I also have the contract for nonmembers as well if you want to look at it. It has all the pricing info and anything you would probably ask about a place you're looking at getting married.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Old Trinity of Paseo.  Its a small venue, reasonably priced, and the girls there are fabulous!! Its an old venue with a lot of character to it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards