New Jersey

Alfred Angelo Signature Store-Cherry Hill

Hey ladies!  Just wondering if anyone has been to the Alfred Angelo Signature Store in Cherry Hill and if it was worth the drive.  I love the dress designs, just wondering if the drive is worth it or if I'm better off going to a bridal salon that carries those designs.

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Alfred Angelo Signature Store-Cherry Hill

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_alfred-angelo-signature-store-cherry-hill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:9776ab2d-7781-478b-9352-8903858a008bPost:44333738-20b7-4a82-8196-c4dd532b4744">Alfred Angelo Signature Store-Cherry Hill</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies!  Just wondering if anyone has been to the Alfred Angelo Signature Store in Cherry Hill and if it was worth the drive.  I love the dress designs, just wondering if the drive is worth it or if I'm better off going to a bridal salon that carries those designs. Thanks!
    Posted by mpaone24[/QUOTE]

<div>I was wondering the same thing!  I'm not sure where in NJ you're located, but there is also an Alfred Angelo Signature Store in the Bethlehem, PA area.  </div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm in Central Jersey, closer to the keyport/matawan/aberdeen area...I mapquested it and the Cherry Hill store is about 20 minutes closer...but both over an hour away LOL.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got my dress from AA Cherry Hill. I had a great experience there. Just remember you don't pay taxes in NJ and you do at the PA store so it can make a large price difference.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • HobokenBride:  how far in advance did you have to order your dress?  I know some salons recommend at least 8-12 months in advance...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I ordered mine at 13 months.  They said it would arrive in August but it arrived in June. My girls ordered in May and they came in August but were told November. So it all depends. I recommend go no later than 8 months out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I went to a store in North Jersey (Sandreen's in Saddle Brook) that specifically carried Alfred Angelo dresses and they really didn't have many options.  I think you really have to go to one of the flagship stores to see most of the designs that are on the web.  I already had my dress by the time the one in Cherry Hill opened but when I stopped in there for a hair piece, the store looked really nice.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • Just make sure you make an appointment before you go.  I made the drive with my MOH early in the process, I really wanted to try on the Disney princess dresses, and have her try on some BM dresses. I didn't realize at the time how necessary appointments were at bridal salons, LOL.  Although they weren't at all busy when we went, they still made me feel dumb for not having made an appointment.

I ultimately went with AA for BM dresses but at Russell's in Linden, where I got my gown (not AA).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• I went to the Cherry Hill store last week.  It was absolutely worth the drive.  I also called local shops looking for a specific dress.  One told me the dress I was looking for was "ugly" and that "so many girls like this dress and come try it on and hate it so we don't carry it anymore"  they also insisted I look into another AA dress because I would like it much better (they never met me by the way).  I called another local shop about it and they told me they had it in a size 12 (I'm a 4).  They told me they could clamp it back but that I should look at a copy cat dress.  Another designer copied AA and that it was much nicer and made of Swarovski crystals (yet managed to be $400 cheaper than AA?!) 
    Anyway I made the trip to Cherry Hill with a list of 4 dresses to try to make the trip worth my time.  I got the dress I wanted, tried it on 1st and fell in love with it.  We tried a few more (including a Disney dress bc, how can you not?) and ended up buying the dress I wanted.  I was there during a sale so I got a dress and veil with like $100 off total.  It was a great experience and the staff was great.
  • Thanks for the input ladies!  I'm actually going on the 9th to look at dresses.  I'm actually very excited because I have no idea what looks good or what I like on my body :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards