June 2013 Weddings
Options

Color help!!!!

Hey Guys!!

So heres my problem.... i have always wanted a black and white wedding but a lot of people in my life are having black and white weddings, so I want to do something different.  I came across eggplant colored dresses with blues, purples, pinks, oranges for the flowers.  Now I am second guessing myself and thinking that I might want to stick with black and white with a color of some sort.... anyone have any color suggestions?!!

Re: Color help!!!!

• Options
    If you have always wanted a black and white wedding, that is what I would go for regardless if other people are doing it. Since it is a summer wedding, I think it would look nice to add in an accent color. I think light green looks nice with black and white, or black and white with pink.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

My number one rule for my wedding is that it's my day (with my fiance of course) so I'm going to do what I want. If you've always dreamed of a black and white wedding and your fiance doesn't have some kind of weird thing against it, have your black and white wedding. Who cares if other people are doing it? It's not a competition, and there's no rule saying only one wedding can use those colors. I would add in another color as an accent like sparkles said since it is a June wedding, but again, there's no rule saying you have to. It's YOUR day. Do it YOUR way.

June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Definitely do what you've always wanted, even if you know people who are doing it too! You won't be doing everything like everyone else too. There are a lot of different ways to do black and white. You could do damask and/or an accent color. I was a wedding once that did damask and yellow. Basically you could do any color you want with black and whit since they are both neutrals. If you like the eggplant too, you could do black, whit and eggplant. Good luck!!
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    To re-iterate, do what you want!  As a personal preference, I think yellow black and white really stands out nice in the summer (especially with black damask):

BUT black and white by itself looks awesome!  Plus, how many of those people are going to 1- also attend your wedding and 2- even remember
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Do what makes you happy! Who cares what everyone else thinks or is doing! But if you really want to look into other colors, take a look at www.theperfectpalette.com there are so many color combos on there, maybe you'll find one you love!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    MeghannsixMeghannsix member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I agree, if you're not totally in love with a new color scheme, you may have regrets, and regrets suck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Ditto other PP's - go with the B&W if that's what you've always wanted. You could always throw accent colors in (like the eggplant color you mentioned) or have a creative take on B&W (B&W photography, white stars in a black sky etc) to have fun w/ the decorations and make it your own.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I think b&w is super classy for a wedding -- that being said it's a fairly common color combination so I don't think it's a big deal if you know other people who are using it! Go for it :)

I love seeing B&W with accents of lime green.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Something I'm doing is me and my FH's birthstones...ours looked good together tho...good luck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards