April 2013 Weddings
Options

How was your weekend?

FI came up and we went out on Friday night with some friends for a Halloween costume contest.  We partied a little too hard and FI was hurting that night and the next day, poor guy.  Saturday took an even greater toll on him because he got a fishng lure stuck in his finger.  It only took an hour and a half from leaving for the urgent care and getting his antibiotics at the pharmacy so that was better than expected.  We met up with some friends for dinner, came back to my place and passed out around 9:30pm(we're getting old!!!).  This morning was coupon-clipping, wedding-show-watching cuddle time followed by brunch out.  We are going to my shipmate's wedding in Fayetteville, AR Thursday-Sunday so I won't have to go too long before I see FI again, yay :-D

Re: How was your weekend?

• Options
    Ours was very lowkey... No weddings for once! We've had one every weekend for the past seven weeks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Christine9866Christine9866 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Our weekend was good, it was my birthday on tuesday so we got together with family on Saturday night, and then this morning FI and I ran in another 5k :) Since then we have been relaxing and preparing for hurricane Sandy! Last time Irene hit we didn't have power for 8 days! Everything here in CT is pretty much closing up for the next two days (schools, work etc). So wait begins for landfall of this so called "frankenstorm".
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Yea, good luck with that.  I'm not quite sure how Florida dodged the bullet but go figure!!  Make sure you have plenty of water and a flashlight or two that have new batteries :-)
  • Options
    FI and I officially moved in together yesterday, so that's kept us busy all weekend.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Sending lots of good thoughts and warm fuzzies to those in the path of the storm.  I can't imagine what it's like to go through a hurricane - I'd lose my mind!

I had sprained my knee last weekend at the pumpkin patch when some idiot rammed into me with her baby stroller because she wasn't watching where she was going.  The urgent care told me I didn't need crutches, they just wrapped it with an ace bandage and sent me home.  I guess I overcompensated and put too much stress on my good leg because that one ended up with a dislocated knee.  So now I can't really use either leg - which should be interesting in the morning when I have to go down 2 flights of stairs at our apartment, drive my daughter to school, and walk about 75 yards from the parking lot to the door where I have to wait with her until the bell rings.  So yeah.... if you don't hear from me for a while, I'm in traction. lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Options
    I'm in Cleveland, Ohio for work this week. We just got here after an 11 hour drive due to weather.

Checking mail, doing a little work, and getting ready to turn in.

My horse got hurt and we're waiting to see if she has to see the vet or not. She has some pretty serious mouth ulcers. I suffer from serious mouth ulcers and my doctor prescribed me 10% Liquid Lidocaine and Benadryl syrup for mine, it numbs them for 8 - 10 hours. So, I called the vet to see if we can paint her sores with my mouth wash and he said we could. LOL She's a much happier pony now that she's out of pain and can eat and drink without suffering, the Benadryl also reduces swelling and helps them heal. My vet is going to start prescribing it for his patients since it's working so well. I love my crazy doc who made it for me and I love my vet who was laughed at me but took me seriously enough to help me make my girl comfy. If she's not healing by Tuesday then she'll see the vet. :(
  • Options
    Pretty good, went to a Halloween party on Saturday night that was pretty low key, just hung out and prepared for the storm today. We are in the 3rd evacuation zone in NYC so unlikely we will have to leave but I have bags put together for us and the furbabies just in case. FI is working from home tomorrow so at least I don't have to worry about him while he's at work. Fingers crossed that it won't be too bad. 

Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Happy belated Birthday, Christine!!

Overall, I had a good weekend. Friday FI and I went to dinner and it was delicious. Saturday I played in a work volleyball tournament and we took first place!! Sunday a big group of us went to the Lion's football game and that was a blast. I shotgunned my first beer lol. The Tigers got swept so that sucked. I had too much going on this weekend, and my body still hurts from volleyball. I am looking forward to not doing anything this weekend and actually getting to sleep in.
  • Options
    Pretty good. I took Friday off and used it to catch up on a ton of stuff, mainly cleaning and random things around the house. Saturday I did errands and babysat my nieces. Sunday, did some more errands, carved pumpkins and hung around the house. And of course watched the Giants beat the Tigers for World Series Champs! Go Giants!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards